007.

CHAPTER 07 - DISTRACTIONS
_________

CHAPTER 07 - DISTRACTIONS_________

_________

I sigh, clutching my handbag- preparing myself for the reality I'd have to come back to eventually. I turn around and begin to walk towards the apartment complex. I see Chosos car parked- It seems he got home before I did.

I find myself smiling at the thought of the events that had taken place at the fair. What happened on the ferris wheel doesn't seem to leave my mind. I wonder if he felt it, too- the tension...the urge to press against me.

I ponder relentlessly about what his thoughts might've been.

It's much more silent, except the sound of dogs barking off into the distance and cars occasionally speeding by. The whistle of the wind underlies all other noises- trees rustling in turn.

Images bounce around in my head...when he cupped my waist like that- the way he looked at me.

I met the guy a few weeks ago. What type of impression does this leave? He wouldn't be into me like that...Who would even think about wanting the girl nextdoor who's practically falling apart more and more everyday?

I sigh and push my sweater up to cover my mouth- my lips quivering as the chilly breeze makes my body shiver just slightly. I step up the granite stairs.

Finally arriving at my number, I turn the key inside the keyhole. Once it's unlocked, I open the door as quiet as I can be.

Entering, I instantly feel warmer.
I don't expect mother to be home- nor father, so I moan out loud, fatigue washing over me.

I step on the back of my shoes and slip out of them, leaving them by the door. The lights are out so I reach over to flip the switch on, the yellow lighting dimly illuminating the living room.

Suddenly, the sound of a broken sob makes me stop in my tracks.

My heart sinks all the way to my ass- turning around to the sight of mother holding her head in her hands, her hair in disarray and her eyes puffy. I begin to take in my surroundings, my eyes raking over the disaster of a home she made.

She opens her eyes and looks at me, her fingers over her mouth as she takes a deep, shaky breath. "Where were you?" I clear my throat, trying to think of something on the spot. "I just went to get late snacks."

It's like she's not even listening- spacing out with her eyes trained on God knows what.

"Your father- He's been arrested."