005.

CHAPTER 05 - AN OUTLET
_________

credits: @/einruji__ twt_________

_________

I look at the popcorn ceiling above me, my legs propped up on the headboard of my bed and my back to the sheets. I listen to Shoko talking about how she finally got her car back and I smile at her voice...and the crunch of her chips from time to time.

"What is she even doing with your dad at such a young age?" I question, furrowing my brows in disgust at the thought.

"Money. Guarantee it." Crunch. I fiddle with the strings of my sweatpants and nod my head in agreement. Shoko changes the subject, "But anyways, whatever happened with your neighbor? Did he report the ID?"

"Nah-" I interrupt myself, "- But stop chewing so loud." Shoko snorts, "It's ASMR."

I roll my eyes. "..But yeah, I think he would be the one getting in trouble for handing it back in the first place." She hums in realization and agrees, "Ohhh yeah, right?"

"I ran into him like 4 days ago, though. We went to the park for a little and talked I guess."

"Romantic?" She questions and I scrunch my nose in an icky manner. "No," I shake my head, "but I got his number."
"(Name) finding romance, that's a first."

"Not romance." I grumble, rubbing my fuzzy socks against the hard wood. I continue, "Plus I don't think he'd be into me like that. He was kinda acting weird and I wanna think that it was just because he was tired but I don't know."

"Weird how?" I switch over to my stomach, looking at the mirror infront of me, "He talked less, started conversation less...you know. But we only went to the park because he asked...so it's really confusing what he wants- to talk to me or not."

She groans, "I hate guys like that. They're so confusing... " Crunch. I sigh to myself when I go over the possibilities of why Choso acted like that. "I know." However, I don't wanna be so obsessed with a guy I met like 2 weeks ago. I just can't help but want to take a look inside his mind; Does he want to talk to me, too?

I groan, not wanting to be desperate over some random. Yet the thought of being his friend- having conversations like the ones we have but almost everyday, makes me yearn for it even more. It's like being high; There's not a care in the world, just living in the moment- And that feeling is a feeling I've been craving for so long.

Does he feel the same way?

"Do you like him...romantically? Be honest. Just a little?"