015.

CHAPTER 15 - DEAR DADDY
_________

CHAPTER 15 - DEAR DADDY_________

_________

My leg bounces up and down, arms crossed over my chest that's filled to the brim with anxiety.

My stare is trained on the blank door, waiting for the officer to walk in and tell me I'm clear to see Father.

I tug on my lower lip in anxiousness
but I'd say Mother is more nervous. I can see her clamping down on her nails in my peripheral vision, clutching her cheap but dainty purse close. She's breathing hard, panting almost.

I flinch slightly when the door I spaced out on is opened with a loud clank. I take a deep breath when I see a woman in uniform looking at her clipboard in hand.

"Uh...(Full Name?)" She says, her voice stern before she looks around the room. Her eyes halt on mine and she gestures her head.

I don't want to be here, but my feet immediately spring up from the uncomfortable chair and speed walk towards the lady.

She holds the door open and I slip past her, expecting to see father. But he's not there.

The officer begins to speak again, "He'll be out shortly." With a nod of my head, I slowly walk further into the stretched room. "Your ID will be given back after you've spent your 5 minutes with him."

There's rows of cubicles, many occupied by inmates and their visitors.

I furrow my brows as she leads me to the furthest cubicle in the corner. I take my seat infront of a glass wall, tapping my foot against the tiled floor.

"In the meantime, I'll have your mother finish filling out the form." She continues, "There will be officers monitoring you so don't be stupid." She taps on her belt- pistol, handcuffs, and a taser attached to it.

Warning? Or threat?
I'm not intimidated at all..

My voice comes out quiet, almost as quiet as a squeak, "Okay." But I realize she's already headed out.

The door closes with a loud slam.
Now I wait.

My nails unconsciously scratch the wooden table, staring at the other side of the clear screen. Indents of wood and brown start to seep through the white coat.

I hear a door open, and I immediately feel like throwing up the swarm of flies in my stomach.

"5 minutes." An officer says, slightly shoving Father towards my cubicle. I can't bring myself to look at him- at least not directly at his face.