014.

CHAPTER 14 - BITTER BOND
_________

CHAPTER 14 - BITTER BOND _________

_________

She lays on the sheets of my mattress, body spread with her stare focused on the discolored ceiling.

I sigh at her crimson, teary-eyed state - nose red and nostrils flaring. Her brown roots are sprawled around her, arms confined in the black hoodie she wears.

"What did your dad say?" I question, spinning around in my chair. I feel lightheaded, maybe because of the world turning in my point of view,
or maybe the effect of smoke entering my system.

"He doesn't know." She says.
I raise a brow, "So you just snuck out?"

Shoko hums, nodding her head along with the song playing in the background. She acts totally free from her problems, head in the clouds as she dozes off.

"You're so rebellious." I mock.

"Well, it's been a while since you asked to hang out- might as well take it up." She laughs. "You've just been so busy." She continues.

I give her a glare and chuckle, "Busy? With what?" She rolls her eyes in what seems to be a playful manner. "Your little boyfriend."

Suddenly, it's not so funny anymore.

I purse my lips, making eye contact with a random corner of my room. I fidget with my fingers and she immediately catches on. "What?"

I shake my head, rolling my eyes.

My silence sums it up for her. "Damn. Well you didn't know him for that long, right?" She shrugs. I give another deep breath.
"Almost three months."

"Whaaat? Time flew."
Her brown eyes shoot wide and I agree.

To think he sleeps on the other side of my wall- just a few feet away, causes dread in going out just in case I'll see his face again.

"We kissed."

Shoko quickly rises from the bed, sitting criss cross. "You kissed? And why wasn't I informed sooner?"

Sigh.

"Oh, is he a bad kisser?"

No, he is such a good kisser. I've never felt such strong sensation on my lips...the tingling- staticky feeling.
That's what I want to say, but I save myself some embarrassment.