004.

CHAPTER 04 - I DON'T KNOW WHY
_______

credits: ??? if yk the artist lmk _______

_______

The cool breeze softly blows against my skin, tickling my legs as I sit atop the steep pebble staircase, my legs stretched out.

I pick at my nails, trying my hardest to blur out the muffled sobs of my mother and the drunken shouts of my father.

I hear a door open, followed by a deep sigh. I don't even want to turn around. It's Mr. Gakuganji and I know that because he always lets out an annoyed grumble before complaining.

"(Name), tell your hags that some people actually have to wake up early and go to work." I don't even bother to respond, continuing to pick at my fingers. I hear his front door open and slam shut again.

I'm honestly surprised the landlord hasn't kicked us out. I'm sure everyone is tired of us. I am too. I lean over, putting my head into my knees and over my arms.

I want to go home,
this isn't my home.

I want nothing more than to stop being so trapped here. I want to experience life to the fullest, so why won't you let me?

I want an escape,
where's my escape?

I hear someone coming up the steps, so I scoot over just in case- leaving them space to walk past.

I hear slight ragged breathing coming closer and I lift my head, seeing none other than my neighbor. The messy buns on his head, the scar across his face, his tired and baggy eyes...I can't forget it. He wears a thin tank and sweatpants.

He uses his shirt to wipe off the visible, excess sweat off his face- revealing some of his lower abdomen like a tease. I can't help but stare, his physique much more apparent in this shirt; Strong arms, toned body...Damn.

He doesn't notice me until he looks up. We look at eachother with the same expression. "(Name)? What are you doin'?" He asks, stepping up. For some reason, the fact that he remembers my name makes the corners of my mouth twitch-

But I don't know why.

"Nothing." He raises an eyebrow and looks at me, taking in my appearance. I'm only wearing pajama shorts and a hoodie. I catch his eyes wandering over to my exposed legs before taking out an airpod.

He immediately hears what's going on inside my apartment and looks back down at me...like he doesn't know what to do or say- probably pondering if he should just leave me be.