003.

CHAPTER 03 - INCONVENIENCE STORE
_________

                                       credits: uoru1_juju twt _________

'Not Around' by Nova plays faintly on the radio, the car driving 15 over the limit. Shokos car definitely isn't made for speeding, but having gone without her high for "so long" makes her desperate.

In reality, Shoko's full of money; her daddies money. But because she was caught smoking after her dad repeatedly told her not to the first time, he replaced her new car with a fucked up decrepit car that sounds like it'll explode if you just leave the engine running for 3 seconds too long.

My head bumps against the seat, "Damn, slow down..." She moans, "It's been too long. Being grounded is hard." I roll my eyes and shake my head. "Grounded for 3 weeks. What will I tell your dad when his addict of a daughter dies of collapsed lungs?"

"You'll tell him his girlfriend killed me.. Hate that bitch." She laughs but I'm not sure I should be laughing. "And 'addict?' Be serious." I stay quiet and stare at her with a straight face.

...As if driving 15 over 40 just for some cigarettes isn't the first sign of addiction.

I shake my head and remember that I need to pay her back. I reach for my wallet and take out a crinkled 20 dollar bill. I hand it to her but she looks at it with disguist. "For last week."

She shakes her head. "(Name), I don't want your money. I bought you those booties as a gift." She shrugs, taking the last turn to get to the convenience store. "But you buy me everything as a gift."

"Right, 'cause you deserve it." She parks infront of the old, trashy building. "I'm not taking it." I sigh in defeat and put the money back in my wallet.

"Plus, you should be saving up to move out." I nod my head in agreement and lean against the headrest. Shoko gets out of the car, "You comin'?"

I'm about to, but I don't really want to get down, "...Nah, I'll wait." She gives a quick "brb" and closes the door, walking up to the store.

_

The bell rings, signaling a customer has arrived. Shoko looks around before going to the snack isle.

She puts her hands in the pocket of her hoodie, eyeing the rows of off-brand snacks, before mumbling to herself, "Who's gonna buy these?.." She eyes them once more before leaving.