013.

CHAPTER 13 - DID IT MEAN SOMETHING TO YOU?
_________

CHAPTER 13 - DID IT MEAN SOMETHING TO YOU? _________

_________

I sit stiffly on the bumpy gravel of the stairs, hunched over as I quietly mumble absolute nothings into the palms of my hand.

I rub my eyes til' the staticky, black, floating dots appear in my vision- wiping away my teary waterline.

My lids flicker open to the sight of the trees swaying in different directions, the rustling sound of leaves adding to the commotion of traffic.

I could fall asleep in this position, the tranquility of the night is enough for my once lost thoughts to settle. My body feels like lightweight but it leaves me at some form of rest.

A door creaking open isn't even enough to buy my attention.

But once my mind finally comes to its senses, my stomach immediately whirls in anxiety and anxiousness. I don't want to look at who it might be.

It might be a total stranger going about their night, maybe Mr. Gakuganji coming to complain about God knows what...

or the man I don't want to think about, but long to see the most.

I let their voice decide, but not a single word is said. Not a grunt, not an audible breath...
Nothing.

However, that tells me all I need to know.
I hang my head low once more, now feeling self conscious.

...

Is he staring at me- waiting to acknowledge him? Is he debating whether or not to approach me- to talk to me after weeks on end without contact?

I pray that he retreats and closes his front door, goes to sleep and forgets he ever saw me.

Yet, something deep within craves his old warmth beside me.

Footsteps approach, and I silently curse myself.
My prayers go unheard.

I make out his figure in my peripheral vision and I can't hold back from looking up at him. He stays watching the cars pass by, avoiding contact.

After not seeing him for a hot minute, I'm not able to restrain myself from observing every inch of his body. I drink in his appearance like a woman deprived of water.

The man still has those two silly ponytails on his head. Still has that alluring scar over his nose. Still has that handsome face of boredom and fatigue. Still has those attractive purple under eyes that show just how little sleep he's getting. Still has those pretty long eyelashes framing his pretty dark eyes.