012.

CHAPTER 12 - HER
_________

credits: @/einruji__ twt_________

_________

I close the front door to my apartment with unnecessary force, eyebrows furrowed in irritation.

My jacket falls over my shoulders as I tug on the sleeves, freeing myself from the fabric. I set it on the coat hanger and groan, cracking my neck while stretching my arms - back muscles flexing with the roll of my head.

"Just a few more days of that shithole." God, I'm so drained. Putting in my two weeks is the best decision I've ever made.

I make way towards my bedroom, avoiding stepping on the random boxes set out on the carpet of my living room. Relief washes over me when the shoes I've been in almost all day no longer hug my feet.

I kick them to the side, plopping my sore back onto the soft mattress of my bed. The soft covers barely engulfing my body is enough to make me moan. It's what I looked forward to during my entire shift.

But it's not all I looked forward to.

I pull my phone out of my back pocket, turning it on to see many messages, none of whom part of me hopes I'll see any moment now.

My thumb swipes over my bottom lip softly, the tender skin slightly painful from biting
them so much.

It's been too long- too damn long. My temper's deteriorating, just waiting for her to leave me a text-to call me and tell me she misses me as much as I miss her. But that won't do, I couldn't do anything about it anyway.

The only thoughts rummaging through my head are (Name); Her hair, her skin, her smile, her taste, just her.

I shut my phone off, ignoring the unwanted notifications. My head leans back against the grey blankets and I close my eyes to envision her clearly. I'm not physically capable of forgetting her unique features- as much as I want to. 

I'm so at war with myself to the point where I feel like a stranger to my own head.

I know what I want, but I also want what's best for the both of us and that goes against my biggest desire.

My hands drag over my face, sucking in a deep breath at the absolute chaos my mind is going through.

I've never been this... desperate. I didn't even know I had it in me anymore.