018.

CHAPTER 18 - SELFISH
_________

credits: jgg30ksks twt _________

_________

"I'm moving away in a week."
He says, eyes squinted in a hint of fear.

His tongue pokes the inside of his cheek as he awaits my next words, fingers curled around the steering wheel.

My lips part, and my brows twitch downwards. "...Um...that's- that's good, right?"

My eyes switch from the complex back to his face, not sure what reaction he's expecting. "I mean, I don't think anyone would wanna live here." I shrug, but his face remains pale.

He swallows,
"No, (Name).
I'm moving back to my hometown...
7 hours away."

My eyes widen and he instantly adjusts himself before speaking, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you-"

My hearing must be impaired.

Suddenly, anger begins to surge within me the second he apologizes.

My fists clench against the door handle, each word spilling from his mouth nothing but mindless, muffled sayings going in from one ear and out the other.

My jaw tightens and my throat stings.
What the fuck?

"(Name)."

I feel conflicted.
Very conflicted.

"...What's wrong with you?" I shake my head, staring daggers into his enlarged pupils. "(Name)-" But I cut him off, "No. I'm done."

I open the door, quickly sliding my hood over and slamming it closed.

Who does he think he is?
Why does he keep leading me on if he knows he's gonna leave?

I quickly pace towards the staircase as the heavy rain cascades down onto me, sounds of wet slapping on the cement.

I'm truly drained;
Too tired to even go on with this.

I hear him call out to me once more, "Don't leave, (Name)!" He raises his voice to get through to me, the rainfall loud enough as it is. "I want us to work- I don't care how many tries it takes, I want you-"

"I'm not the one who's leaving, Choso!
Gosh, you're such a fucking liar." I spit.