Chips Pov

"Our ship is epic. Your ship is okay." I said, looking right at Ari. Her pupils shrunk, making her light blue eyes look like giant gems. She tilted her head as if accepting a challenge. I looked away, unsure I would instigate another brawl if I continued to stare. Besides, it was freaky.
"Well, Arianna, I think we should ask Earl for the drinks I promised!" Gil said, breaking a little tension unintentionally. Ari looked back at him. "Earl... the grumpy man who yelled at us and tried to fight me?"
"Yes! He makes great juice. I'm certain he can accurately recreate a Squirty! We just need to ask him." Gil started, walking away. "What is with you and juice..." Ari muttered, following Gil into the kitchen. "Don't fight again!" Jay shouted. Gil looked back to Jay and flipped her off in an attempt at a finger gun. Jay looked at me as I started laughing.
"He- Chip, did you- Stop laughing! Did you teach him that?" She looked more angry than shocked. She already knew the answer, but I remained silent, stifling my laughter.
"Well, I'd also take my leave with James! We have some catching up to do!" John boomed, and made his way to his ship, James following. Everything felt less crowded with me, Jay, still-gloomy Ry, the kid with his nose in his book, Kaleb and a... dog?
"Who's dog is that?" I asked. The dog's shaggy white fur was covered in dirt. I couldn't even see its eyes as it looked at me. Sad little guy. How's it feel to be blinded by your own hair?
I reached down to pet him when a gruff voice said-
"Don't touch me." I looked at the dog, whose hair had shifted to the side slightly. I could see the blatant dignity and pride in those warm forest-green eyes. Not much could surprise me, but that got a genuine reaction out of me. A completely normal, somewhat manly voice just came out of that dog's mouth. "Uh- Sorry sir." I backed up, trying to pretend that didn't just happen. Why does this dog have a manlier voice than me? What the heck?
"Ah, Koda!" Ry knelt over to stare at eye-level with him. She looked back at me briefly. "Don't mind him. He's just a little grumpy sometimes." She smiled at him. He wagged his tail for a second before trotting away. "Yeah..." I watched him leave. "Sure."