Chapter 23

The next day, Siya's brother popped into the palace to take her for the pagphera ritual. Little did Abhimaan know about this plan, and when he found out, frustration consumed him. He retreated to his study, seeking solace in the quiet corners of his thoughts.

 Siya, noticing his unease, tried to soothe him, explaining it was a last-minute plan. "I didn't want to bother you," she said, her words carrying a touch of reassurance.

His stern face softened a bit, but tension still lingered. "Communication is key, Siya. Don't forget that," he reminded her.

As Siya headed to her parents' house, her brother offered comforting words. "Give him some time. He'll understand."

The day at her parents' place was filled with joy and laughter, with Siya enjoying playful banter with her brother and relishing moments with her niece. However, the unease surrounding Abhimaan's feelings stayed with her.

In the evening, Abhimaan arrived to bring Siya back. The dinner table became a shared space for both families, an opportunity to ease the tension. Siya's mother extended an olive branch, "Let bygones be bygones. The past can't be changed, but the future is in your hands."

As they left for the palace, Siya and Abhimaan sat in a silence heavy with unspoken words. The journey home, though short, carried them through emotional landscapes.