Escape

Re-read chapter eight

Munira's POV

I was at my parents house

Abu:enough about him,we need to help you to escape.
Munira:how?
Abu:am sending a truck full of radishes to the market You can hide in there.immediately we reach the market,I will send you to your maternal family's house where he won't find you.

Munira:how do I sneak into the truck?
dija:you will hide in the boxes we will be loading in the truck,in the meantime I will distract them by driving your father's car away,we need to disguise the other front seat to make it seem like,you are with me escaping, immediately they come after me,you two will go.

Munira:what if, they hurt you.
Dija:by the grace of Allah.I will be alright,now come.

Our plan was set into motion. My mom came out holding a small laundry basket.the men watched her closely .She opened the car door and leaned in acting as if looking for something

She sneakedly placed some of my clothes on the front seat .She came back and went to our open backyard and started drying clothes.

She then went in to get the next batch.I was hiding in the huge landury basket,which had wheels.My mom left it there with me in it .I was so close to the truck .
My dad came out as my mom went in .

He started the truck, and acted as if there was trouble .He pretend as if he had unknowingly put it on reverse.
The men rushed to him .My mom took the advantage and came to my father's car.She got in and dressed the front seat to look like me.

She then started the car, drawing the men's attention. they saw the seat dressed as me, and thought it was me.My mom took off.

Ya Allah please protect my mom.They took off after my mom .My dad helped me into the back of the truck and took off

We managed to get to the market safely.I was so worried for my mom,my dad too.He regretted letting her serve as bait,but my mom, she is too stubborn and insisted.

My dad helped me to board a bus .He went back to get my mom.It was a Long hour drive,I finally reached my mom's family side .

They were waiting for me outside. They hugged me.
Grandma:your mom told me that you wanted to visit.You are welcomed darling .

As we were about to get in ,when she said something strange.
Nana:your guest is quite a gentleman.
Munira: what?
.

There he stood in my grandparents living room.
Angelo:hi dear

I was stunned.How did he find me?oh my goodness,I hope he didn't harm my parents..
Nana:I will let you settle.(she left)

Munira:where are my parents?
Angelo: safe.
Munira:how did you find me!
Angelo:I have my ways.

He came closer,he was furious.
Angelo:you dare betray me, princess?
You can say goodbye to your family because you will never see me again.

Just like that he grabbed me out .I saw my family being held at gunpoint.My grand parents looked worried for me .