2. FLASHBACKS

Vidya's Pov

What a nasty day it was. I opened my room, everything was perfect meant she hadn't come back yet!!
Every day I came back from work and found everything in its place, sadness rushed through my heart. It's been a month, how long will she stay there?

After this hectic day, I need peace... I was about to enter my bathroom but got distracted by one of the servants. "Ma'am!! Shantanu Sir needs to see you in his library right now..." she told me and left without waiting for my answer.
One more torture isn't he happy with the prior one... a bullshit date and all, and now he'll ask me about my opinion... Peace!! I smiled at my fate.

After taking a bath and relaxing, I rushed to his room because I wanted to wrap up the session quickly. I opened the door, he was standing near the bookshelf holding one of the books. He passed me a smile and I forced it too. I don't think smiling can fix these dates' torture. He gestures to me to sit on the couch while he is sitting on the chair. "How's your meeting with Ayansh Mahavir?" he asks.
His question never changed, the only thing that changed was the name of the man.
"Not worthy of my time" I replied. "What's wrong with him?" asks in an annoyed voice.
"It's not with him, maybe it's with me" I replied.
"What's wrong with you then?" he asks without wasting a second.
"My standards" I replied making him run his hand through his hair in an annoyed sense. I know he didn't like my straightforward answers but I can't answer mentioning each and every thing. I'm doing all this because of him or his happiness and the promise I did to my mother. In real I don't want to do these dates and meetings for anyone. What's the goal? Marriage!! I don't want anyone to control me or my feelings. I'm afraid of attachments and love... But I need to marry someone because it's my father's wish, being a good daughter takes a lot of things. His snap breaks my chain of thoughts. "Absence of mind leads to loss, both in business and in life," he says which makes my blood boil.
I wanna say "My absence of mind is because of your bullshit date plans" but ended up saying "sorry papa... I'm going to sleep now, good night and take your medicines before heading to bed". "wait!" he says and I stop. "look I know you don't believe in love and it's because of me but beta please let someone handle your inner child which you are hiding since many years" his words feel like a knife which is scratching my past wounds again, anger rushed through my body and I wanted to control it but I failed... "it's not because of you... It's because of mumma, the way her love for you made her suffer, the way she wanted your love but you and I just ignored her for our personal beliefs. I wish that I never acted like a shit years ago and never ignored your fights, she'd be alive with me. Love haunts me, the way love made her weak is what haunts me the most... And about my inner child, no need to care about her papa... I'm the one responsible for all this so I deserved at least this much pain..."
I leave his room, shutting the door with full force.

After entering my room, I lie down on the fluffy and relaxing mattress covered with white bedsheets. I need peace and only he can give me that peace. I turned on the Bluetooth speaker and played the "Om Namah Shivay" song. Mahadev, only he can help me to attain peace.

FLASHBACK (Author's Pov)~
Vidya!! Aap andar nahi jaa sakti...
(you can't go inside) one of the maids told her holding her hand and her eyes were filled with tears.
Vidya replied, "But I wanna see mumma... She..she... is fine... right?"
Maid replied, "Aaa... aaa... haan... she is fine"
Please side!! one of the nurses came out of the room to clear the door surrounded by maids and neighbours...
The door was half opened and a body was hanging by the fan....
Vidya screamed, "No mumma.... no... you can't leave me.... mumma... I'm sorry... please...co..."
ENDS~

I woke with a jerk... I rubbed my eyes and then waved my hand all over my face... Again!! that day always flashbacks whenever I argue with him... I think she still loves him the most... It's terrifying but I'm used to it even if I never wanted to. Tears rolled down from my eyes. Not again Vidya!! I rubbed my eyes harshly to stop them and checked the time... it's 3 a.m......... the time I saw her dead...