8. CLUE

Mrityunjay's POV

I entered my cabin after nodding to everyone's Good Morning wishes with an expressionless face.
I saw Anirudh sitting on the sofa, he was scrolling his phone with joy... I sat in my place while he stood up and sat in front of me.
I asked while checking some files, "Why are you smiling?"
"You didn't check the business news?", he asked. I disapproved.
"Ayansh's company went bankrupt out of nowhere...", he replied while smiling.

Out of nowhere? Something's fishy... "How?", I asked while shifting my gaze towards him.
"I... I don't know. I guess someone hacked his systems and did something good. It's a moment of joy...", he replied. "I don't celebrate others'loss", I replied coldly because my instincts knew who did this.
"He was involved in human trafficking and all, we proved all this and you're still acting cold. I did everything for you asshole...", he replied and here his oversharing helped me.
I banged the file on the table and replied, "I knew it... You did this...By the way Good Job!!"
"Glad you liked it!! I'm leaving now", Anirudh replied and walked towards the exit.
"No need to act sober when you too are a beast asshole", I replied coldly because he tried to hide this whole scenario from me.
His hacking skills are insanely good, but Akshita's reach the top level. He winked while stepping back to me...
"I forgot, your date's company is in trouble...", he said while picking up his phone from the table.
I immediately asked without wasting a microsecond, "What trouble?"
"Check it yourself. I'm running late", he replied.
"I've no interest. I know she'll handle it", I replied while searching about the matter.
I was not concerned, I was curious. Last week, he told me that she's Akshita's sister and I guess he's going to help them so no need to worry. I found an article in the meantime.

The article states, "A woman staff stated that the current CEO of RV Hotels forced her to impress one of the VIP Clients by fulfilling his sexual desires. She submitted some call recordings to the Police. Miss VIDYA RUDRAVANSHI is under police custody for interrogation."
WTF!! It was fake, she couldn't do such things... I stood up and took my coat from the hanger. I couldn't let her deal with this alone, and stepped towards the door.
"We're not that close", her words echoed in my mind and I stopped.
Yes we were not that close... Even though it's been a week, still I remember each fucking thing about her from our last date. I didn't want to think about her, it's fucking bothering my work too but still, I was worried.

I took my phone out from the pocket of my pants and dialed Akshita's number. Why? I'm worrying about her, she had her whole family and I was no one to her... I was about to hang up but she picked and now hanging up seems to be rude.
"Hello...", she greeted me while I cleared my throat and replied, "Hello Akshita. How are you?"
"Not Good, what happened?", she asked with a low tone.
"Um... I heard about your sister so I thought to ask if she's fine or not", I replied calmly.
"She's fine. Don't worry!! I'm working on the matter with Anirudh.", she replied...
That asshole was with her and that's the important work he was talking about. "You found someone who could do this to harm her...", I asked.
"No... Not yet, I'm good at hacking not finding. I'm waiting for her to come. The whole male staff especially the seniors were unhappy after she was appointed as the CEO. Bade Papa got an anonymous letter a few days back with a threatening note and that's why he tried to handle everything on his own. She wasn't going to the office for a week as per his order but still, she did some research which only she knew...", she replied.
"Can I talk to Ani?", I asked gently. She hummed in response and passed him the phone.
"You didn't care I guess...", he said with a teasing tone.
"I don't care it's just... just... I fucking don't know. I knew they will arrest her after interrogation and I fucking want her safe", I replied more like screaming while stating the last five words.
"Calm Down!! She's sharp enough to handle. Focus on your work... We're here for her", he replied. I want to be there for her too but no, Control yourself, Mrityunjay.
Why I was so worried for her? I didn't know... I hung up the call and dialed the Governor's number...