11. BEAST

Vidya's Pov
It's been a week, everything is going on track. Vikram's public acceptance. No withdrawal of investments. Got my reputation and company's reputation back. No more meetings with Mrityunjay. In short peace.
"I don't want to leave you alone" his words jumped again inside my head. It's been a week and still, I'm able to recall each word of his that he said that night. I felt relief around him even if I never wanted to get such things from his side. The warmth of his hands and the urge to hold them for eternity. I know I'm going on the wrong track but I can't control it anymore. I can't control myself anymore. I don't know what my destiny is but I firmly believe Mahadev will handle it wisely.
Earlier I thought he was a bastard. Indeed he's but he's a guy with a pure heart which he caged from the world so no one could hurt him or become his weakness. Maybe just like me!! You're not like him... You're not pure-hearted... You're responsible for her misery after your dad... The words felt like needles, piercing my calm thoughts. Thoughts about him... But somehow these thoughts are right, I'm not a good soul or person so whatever is cooking inside me I've to burn it. That's it!!
"Ma'am, you're not leaving? It's already 9 p.m...", my assistant said while peeking through the door.
"Coming...", I replied and took my car keys.

I was about to start the car but my phone buzzed. I checked the phone and it was from Akshita, she must have something to order because of her period's cravings. This girl!! I picked up the call lazily.
"Where are you?", She said with a worried tone.
"In the parking area of my office.", I replied casually.
"Use the back exit to come...", She said. Why the fuck I've to use the back exit? What now?
"Why?", I asked.
"There's a bunch of reporters waiting for you near the front exit... Something happened to Vikram, he was found dead inside the jail.", She replied while panicking.
"What? No! How? And why they're waiting for me?", I shouted at the last stanza. I was happy a moment ago and now look here I'm into another trouble. I don't enjoy moments easily but when I do something worse is knocking on my door.
"Vidi, calm down... Just leave and reach home as soon as possible...", she said calmly. I can understand her fear behind that calm voice.

I can't run from here as a coward. I'd done nothing so technically I don't need to run. I started my car and exited the building. She was right these bastards were waiting for me and the moment my car reached the exit, they all surrounded my car. They're screaming in unison. I took a deep breath "Om namah shivay". I opened the window because going out isn't safe.
"What did you do to him?", Few reports asked.
"I did? Who the hell told you I did something with him?", I asked in response.
"It's clear as water... You have reasons to poison him, he betrayed you or maybe that was fake too. Maybe you guys forced him to accept something which he didn't do and then killed him when he wanted to show your reality...", One of the women reporters said.
"Stop making stories... How could I poison him inside the prison? You guys are delusional or what? Huh?", I said.
"Sources!! You're rich and your fiance Mrityunjay has links all over the country...He helped you earlier what if he killed him?", She replied while others flashed cameras.
Annoying as hell and each word is rubbish, he can't kill anyone... Why would he? And...
Mrityunjay? My fiance, what the hell?
"SHUT UP!! HE'S NOT MY FIANCE", I said and shut the window and geared up my car. They didn't take a second to vanish from the front of my car.
.
.
"Are you in your senses? Vidya", my father's yell landed in my ear the moment I stepped inside my house.
"Yes I am!!", I replied coldly while removing my coat and placing it on the couch.
"I told you to come directly here. Didn't I?", Akshita said with rage while coming downstairs.
"Why you guys are overreacting? I didn't kill him so there's no point in hiding from them.", I cleared my POV while they gave me death glares.
"The situation is getting worse vidi... Why don't you understand? They're dragging Mrityunjay into this and Vikram's sister is playing victim card inside the jail. She started claiming that her brother was falsely alleged and Mrityunjay killed him.", she elaborated the things with concern and stress.
"Calm down. I'll handle it!!", I assured them.
I took my car keys and said, "I'll be back!!"
"WHERE ARE YOU GOING? DON'T YOU KNOW THE DANGER?", Papa said with his high pitch tone.
"I'm going to meet Mrityunjay...", I replied and headed towards the garage. I could hear his shouts but they became inaudible after I left the hall.