5. A CHANCE

*this part consists torture scenes so if you don't feel comfortable, do not proceed...*

Vidya's POV
I entered our mansion with a frustrated expression that's why not a single servant greeted me. But I heard a soft voice from behind when I was heading towards my room.
"Mumma what happened to her?", one of the servant's children asked.
I stopped and turned around with the same cold face.
"Had a bad day cutie", I replied which changed her expression from happy to sad.
"Don't Worry di!! It's fine. You know what my Mumma sings bhajan for me whenever I feel sad... Go tell your Mumma to do the same it'll help you to relax didi ", she replied calmly with a smile.
I forced a smile and told her, "I've no Mumma cutie ".
I headed towards my room because I didn't have the strength to face that kiddo.
I love kids because they're pure-hearted in this cruel world, but I wasn't a pure-hearted kid. I'm the reason why she wasn't here anymore.

I changed after taking a chilled bath. No one's home so I felt relaxed... I stretched myself on the chair while the coffee was resting beside the chair. I checked my tomorrow's schedule. Suddenly, that bastard Ayansh's face flashed in my mind. I wish I could bury him alive... Bastards like him, don't deserve this Earth. I wish that day I wouldn't stopped Mrityunjay... Mrityunjay!! Ah... Why everything is revolving around him? I closed my eyes in frustration and shifted my mind to other activities.
.
.
After a while, we met at the dining table, I refused to eat because I'm already full. I was about to leave but my father insisted on sitting with them.
I knew they both would bombard me with millions of questions so I asked my dad about his day in the office, to shift the topic from my date. He has just supervising things since I took the CEO post. We talked for a while but...
Akshita switched the topic back to my date. This bitch!!
"How was your date?", she asked with curiosity.
"I don't wanna talk about that?", I replied coldly.
" You have to", my dad commanded.
I banged the table to control my rage... " he's a total bastard", I replied.
"Like others?", Akshi questioned and I ignored because if I say no, they will admit it as a yes for marriage.
" Mind your words Vidya", my dad replied with rage.
I stood up from the table without wasting a single minute while Akshita tried to calm him down...
.
.
I entered my room and slipped into the bed... I closed my eyes praying to sleep without any nightmares suddenly his face flashed back in front of me and my mind felt calmness. His hazel eyes, glowing face with no expression, and his height... Everything was perfect, he looked breath-taking in formals. He was handsome and a gentleman. Gentleman!! The way he ignored other women's glares and the waitress's desires to divert his gaze from me to them was commendable.
I smiled but his words echoed my mind, "because I've lots of time to spare on some lady..." I stood up and sat quickly... " I'm not some lady... you jerk... I'm VR", I said to myself.
" He's better than your previous dates...", my mind argued...
"No way he's the worst... Idk why I'm giving a speech on him... he don't deserve to be in my mind...", I argued back which was baseless because he was best among all of them... They all have lusty eyes but his eyes seem to be pure but emotionless... They all knew how to buy love by throwing some pennies but he, himself was a prince. Still agreed to meet in a cozy place without his bodyguards and all.
He's different but an asshole... At least they all treated me the right way, not like him... some lady... my foot!!
"I know all of them", his words struck my mind...
How the fuck he knew everything about me?? It wasn't easy to know about me because I avoid discussing my things on camera even my picture was rare to find... Still??
Leave it... Why am I even thinking about that jerk... Let's sleep...

I was about to sleep when I heard Akshita's voice...
"May I enter?", she asked while standing near the door...
"I'm not in a good mood", I replied while covering my face with a blanket...
"I'll make your mood... I mean good mood", she replied.
She dragged the blanket and slept beside me.
I was facing the ceiling when she asked, "What happened?? Tell me in detail."
I took a few seconds to censor the whole story and then told her everything...
" Damn!! You can call me Jay... You are stupid. He was being romantic, but you are a sarcastic bitch.", she replied while punching my arm.
I forgot to censor that part... "Step out of your delusions... He's an asshole and I'll not let your delusions become true. Now get out of my room", I replied which made her mood switch to a sad one.
Is she all right?? I wanna ask but I'm not that expressive most of the time. She hugged me and stepped towards the door. Something's wrong...
"What happened?", I asked her while turning my gaze towards her, my question made her turn... "Nothing, just missing mom and Dad", she replied while forcing a smile.
My uncle and aunt died eight years back in a road accident. We lived together but they moved to Germany for some business purposes. He was the VP and COO of our company.
My dad and mumma loved both of us equally and so did my aunt and uncle. She was with them in that car, but she survived.
I had seen her crying and feeling the same pain which I felt for several years because of nightmares... I didn't want her to be in that situation again...
"Sleep with me... Come", I said gently. She hopped on my bed and hugged me like a kid.
That's the difference... She kept her inner child alive to fight her battles but I...I buried that child alive because that child was responsible for everything... every misery... every nightmare... her death...
I was struggling to sleep so I took my phone. My P.A.'s message was floating on the notification bar. I tapped the notification and opened her text, "Ma'am as per the President's order, you're granted about 2 weeks of leave and I'll update him till next two weeks. Take Care"
What?? A leave? Why?? I need to ask him... I slowly removed Akshi's hand from my chest and moved to his room...
I knocked on the door and he permitted me to enter. He was reading some documents.
I stood in front of him and asked, "Why did you grant me a leave?? What are you cooking Dad?"
He replied while looking towards the papers, "I'm not cooking anything. I thought you needed it"
"I don't need it... You know that I've to supervise many tech-related work. Plus our new hotel's staff selection is going on and I need to check them too...", I replied frustratedly.
"I'll handle those things for a few weeks and that's final. I'm the President so you've to work according to my will.", he replied.
I stepped out of his room because I didn't want to cross my limits. I can sense that something's wrong with him or the company. I need to find it out!