13. CONFERENCE~ CONFRONTATION

Mrityunjay's Pov
"SIR!! The press conference starts in an hour," my assistant informed me, and I simply nodded, my mind already swirling with conflicting thoughts.

My father, the master planner, had planned everything, including his decision to invest in Vidya's company without consulting me. While I harbored no objections to the investment itself, the lack of consideration for my opinion stung. Now, I found myself obligated to let others know about it through the conference. I have a guy feeling that something's fishy. He didn't let me read the agreement which was sent by Mr. RUDRAVANSHI, this morning. I insisted but as usual, he used his's father card to stop me. They're hiding something from me for sure and I tried to find out what something is and got nothing as a result because he's a pro in these things especially in hiding.

As I grappled with these thoughts, the memory of my last encounter with Vidya loomed large, leaving me hesitant to face her again. The tension between us still lingered, a reminder of unresolved issues that threatened to overshadow the event or at least not attend it but I'm not some coward. I wanted to help her in the first place but if my parents made these decisions it's fine, I know they must be thinking of giving her a favor that could make her switch her mind on marrying me but little did they know that she hates me and I'm sure she'll never agree to this.

"Be ready man, you've only twenty minutes.", Anirudh's voice approached and I tilted my head from the desk towards the door. He sat on the client's chair and brushed his blue three-piece suit.

"I'm ready!!", I said with a poker face.

"Ready as a mess? Huh? Look at you, tousled hair, loosened tie, and creased shirt. Go wear something nice. You need to be special today!!", He said while I checked myself but his last stanza changed my expression quickly.
Special? It's just a usual agreement. What's so special about it? Dang it!! He's a crazy ass so no need to ask for an explanation.
I took a few minutes to select a suit. My thoughts are drifting to what color she might wear today. Settling on a classic white blazer paired with a majestic white shirt and pant. I quickly changed my outfit and headed to the auditorium.

I took my place on the stage, maintaining a composed figure

.
.
I took my place on the stage, maintaining a composed figure. I took a glance at my surroundings, everyone was there except Vidya even her dad came and sat in the front row with my family.
The conference is about to start. I adjusted my tie because I was feeling a bit suffocated.
The moment she entered the auditorium with her assistant every media person started to shout for no reason asking her about her company and this agreement. These bastards!! I was about to pass her a smile when our eyes met but I maintained my poker face. She sat beside me and adjusted the mic and ignored my presence.
Maa came near us and said, "Why do you guys wear white? It's an important and auspicious day for both of you!!"

"It's my favorite color Aunty and for important days I wear white. Sorry for disappointing you...", She replied while I was thinking that I didn't notice her white pencil dress in which she was looking like a... a.... SWAN!!