17. MARRIAGE-I

Author's Pov

As the wedding day approached, Rathore's Haveli was looking alluring, the haveli was adorned with colorful flowers and shimmering diya's lights. Marigold and rose garlands hung from the walls and pillars, while fairy lights twinkled from every corner. The courtyard was transformed into a magical garden with flower petals scattered on the ground, and intricately designed rangoli patterns added to the beauty of the entrance. A canopy of white fabric billowed gently in the breeze, creating a romantic ambiance. Tables were set with elegant centerpieces and flickering candles, adding warmth to the celebration.

The people of Banaras gathered in two grand halls within the palace, big enough to accommodate whole city. The entire wedding ceremony was set to be broadcasted on television screens for all to see. Excitement filled the air as everyone looked forward to witnessing the union of their future king and queen. It was a historic occasion as it was the first time the general public had been invited to a royal wedding. Hundreds of eager eyes awaited the momentous event.

Within a few minutes, the screens light up with a video of Mrityunjay, dressed in traditional yellow three piece kurta and royal turban. Everyone's eyes lit up with pride and respect, as he started his speech, smile crept their faces.

"Hum Rajkumar Mrityunjay Rathore, pehle toh aap sabka apne pure dil se swagat karte hai or dhanywad humari shaadi me aane k liye

"Hum Rajkumar Mrityunjay Rathore, pehle toh aap sabka apne pure dil se swagat karte hai or dhanywad humari shaadi me aane k liye. Aap logo ko checking me koi pareshani hui ho toh shama cahenge. Ek or baat aap sab humara parivaar hai isliye aap sab ka pyaar aur aashirvaad humare liye jaruri hai aur saath hi saath aap sab bhi, kehte hai na praja k bina raja kuch nahi hota waise hi aap sab ke bina hum or hone wali rani sa kuch nahi hai. Ab shaadi aram se dekhiye aur bhoj ka aanand lijiye. Bado ko pranam or bacho ko pyaar." He exclaimed with love and a soft smile.
(I, Prince Mrityunjay Rathore, first of all, warmly welcome all of you and express my heartfelt gratitude for attending our wedding. If anyone has faced any inconvenience during check-in, please accept our apologies. Also, I want to emphasize that all of you are like our family, and your love and blessings are essential for us, just as a king is nothing without his subjects. Similarly, we, along with our future queen, are nothing without all of you. Now, please enjoy the wedding peacefully and relish the feast. Respect to the elders and love to the children.)

Everyone's eyes shed tears with smiling faces. The love for their Prince was evident, they all blessed the couple and waited for the marriage ceremony to start.

***

Mrityunjay's Pov-

My mind was corrupted with memories of Maanvi, a bit of guilt surrounded my heart. Our knots will tie today and I'm still stuck on her, that's not me. If I'm going to marry her, I should be thinking of her not the one who left me years ago for herself. Be a man Mrityunjay! Just move on.

"Chote Sarkar, Jewar", a servant exclaimed while handing me the pearl jewels.
I wore them, then few rings and my eyes fell on the engagement ring and her face flashed in my head, those innocent yet fiery eyes with breathtaking smile. I brushed fingers over the gold ring and smiled.