12. AGREEMENT

Mrityunjay's Pov
"YOU MEAN NOTHING TO ME. YOU'RE NO ONE TO ME. I AM NOT YOURS. DID YOU GET THAT, MRITYUNJAY?", Manvi said with a straight face.
"WHAT'S WRONG MANVI? I DID SOMETHING? WE'RE ON A DATE AND YOU'RE SAYING SUCH HARSH WORDS TO ME.", I replied while standing up and making eye contact with her. I took a few steps towards her while she took a few back, keeping the distance.
"I'm done with you. My father fixed my marriage and I don't want to see you again.", she said.
"You love me!! How the fuck you could marry anyone?? I'm not going to leave you... I want a reason if it's not a prank or something...", I replied with a shaky voice.
My heart was aching so badly. I wanted to scream but I controlled myself.
"I've got the choice to love or marry anyone. I CAN'T LOVE A LOSER. YOUR BUSINESS FACED DOWNFALL BECAUSE OF YOU. That's enough to leave you...", she replied.

I thought she'd support me at my lowest but she... she was ready to leave me.
I gripped her arms and did a last try to stop her because she's my strength, I can't leave her so easily.
"I have a whole kingdom for you Manvi... You'll be the queen...", I said my grip was tight but she didn't flinch a bit. She was so emotionless. The lady standing in front of me wasn't the lady I admired. I don't know who's she... My heart wrenched so badly knowing that she loved my business more than me...
"That's not yours... Mrityunjay... That's your ancestors' wealth. What you did at your own? failed!! I don't want to be with you anymore... THAT'S IT!!", she replied and left removing my hands from her arms.
"RUBBISH!!", I screamed.
.
.
"Jay beta... why are you sweating?", I heard my mom's voice and it dragged me out of the dream/my real-life flashbacks.
I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the couch of the hall of the haveli. My head was aching so badly.
"How I came here?", I asked.
"You got drunk last night at a pub so your driver dropped you here. Why do you drink alcohol again? ", my papa's frustrated voice asked.
I was about to make another excuse but my mother interrupted while caressing my hair, "Leave it!! He's not well... I guess... Let him have some rest..."
"I'm okay...", I said and walked towards the stairs.
"Vidya's company is about to be bankrupt...", my father said from behind.
"I know...", I said.

At that moment, I realized what I did and what happened last night. Her words were not only words but clusters of hatred for me. It's good for her to hate me but I felt hurt even more than the incident I saw in my dream again. I need to check whether this mess is cleaned up or not.
I dialed his number...
"Everything's done??", I asked.
"Yes sir... I did what you said and your links in forensics helped too. They made a false report stating he died because of tezab (acid) and gladly the poison you used didn't show any signs or marks on his body so it was easy to make his sister believe this too and the issue of being caught became minor... I found some hidden tezab cans in that rapist cell so I planned it...", he elaborated.
"Great work...", I said and hung up.

I slipped into the bed and closed my eyes. I wanted to call her but her words formed a barrier and my emotional struggle was stopping me too.

*******

Author's Pov
Vidya and her father were sitting in the board room with investors and board members. They want explanations from her side even if she got a clean chit from the police still they're doubting her.
"Why do you always get involved in such matters?", One of the investors asked her with anger and frustration.
"I've no explanation for this", she replied coldly.
"She got a clean chit. Still, you guys are dragging the topic. Why?", her dad asked.
"She's the face of the company and if she got dragged into such things on a continuous note it'll lead to the downfall of the company. How will you convince those customers who are believing that she did something and misused your power to get out of it?", One of the directors asked with a high-pitched tone. "TELL ME!!", He added.
"You guys are making your own spheres so I could leave my place. Didn't you?", she said with a smirk.