9. CULPRIT

Author's Pov
Vidya elaborated on the whole thing to them, and she told them that during her research, she found that the employee was seeking mental therapy after she fired him. It's tough for them to believe that a mental patient could do such planning, they are not sure whether he's the person or not, so they decided to find him first.

"Wait!! I found a phone number in her text", Akshita said.
"Let me track this number", Anirudh replied while entering the number.
"I think we should inform the police about this", Akshita said.
"We can't. They already considered me as a culprit. I don't think they believe us.", Vidya said while texting her dad about the whole thing.
"I got the location", Anirudh shouted and added, "Gangapur".
"Let's go", Akshita said while shutting her PC.
"Chill my lady! We need a plan. What if he had guns and all? Or what if it's a trap?", Anirudh said.
"I don't fucking care... We're in Prayagraj, It might take 3 hours to reach there. We can't waste more time...", Vidya replied while massaging her temples.
"I know... Okay let's...", He was about to complete but got interrupted by a call.
"I need to go to the hospital. An emergency arrived. Dang it!!", Anirudh said.
"It's fine!! We're heading to the location. No need to worry!!", Vidya said.
"No, I can't let you guys go like this. I mean it might be dangerous. Wait!! Let me call Mrityunjay.", he replied while dialing his number.
"What? No need to call that bastard... I'm used to handling shitty men and I can handle him too", Vidya replied with rage.
In the meantime, Anirudh already dialed his number and put the call on the speaker by mistake.
"Is she calling me a BASTARD?", Mrityunjay asked from the other side of the call.
"You've any doubt? By the way I've more pretty names for you... Should I...", She was about to complete but Mrityunjay intruppted her.
"We'll exchange pretty names later Miss Witch... Why did you call Ani?", He replied to make her annoyed and he succeeded.
"Vidi... Calm down... He has links in Varanasi, he can help us.", Akshita whispered into her ears.
Vidya was about to say something but Akshita covered her mouth and gestured to Anirudh to talk outside.

"Can you please calm down!! Vidi... Stop overreacting...", Akshita said furiously.
"I'm not overreacting. Why do we need him with us huh? I can't bear his presence near me", Vidya replied while waving her hand through her hair furiously.
Little did she know that his presence will become an addiction to her in upcoming years.

In the meantime, Anirudh entered the room and said, "He's coming here in a while. I'm leaving now but don't go without him. Understand? Vidya?" Vidya nodded and cursed him.
He kissed Akshita on her forehead and left for the hospital. Vidya tried convincing Akshita, to leave for that location but she ignored her and waited for Mrityunjay.

********

Vidya's Pov
It's been an hour and the hour hand struck the clock at 8 pm.
I'm fucked up with all this... Why do we need that bastard to help us? He doesn't mean anything to me then why did he get ready to help me?
I stood up from the chair and was about to ask Akshi about him.

Suddenly, the door opened with a crackly sound. He appeared dressed in a black hoodie paired with black jeans. His eyes... Stop it, Vidya!!

 Stop it, Vidya!!