7. HER EYES

Vidya's Pov

After this fuss, I entered my room ignoring my father. I changed my clothes and wore something comfortable. Locked my room and opened my P.A.'s chat. I asked her for the images of threat letters.
I asked my father earlier if something was wrong, but he didn't say anything about these letters which completely state, "You'll die VR" "I love you VR but I've to kill you" and "Something's big goanna happen, Sir"

In most of the letters, the sender stated my name but why the fuck he sends these letters to my father??
I dialed my P.A.'s number, she picked up after a few bells.
"Where are those letters now?", I asked,
"Chairman Sir sent those to Police, and they were finding handprints or some clue", she replied.
"Damn!! Okay...", I replied and hung up the call.

I banged my head and closed my eyes to analyze something. "WHO?" "WHY" "IS HE/SHE SOMEONE FROM MY STAFF/ EX-STAFF" "LOVE??" "THE FUCK" These were the questions revolving in my head.

I asked her for the EX-STAFFS list because my instincts were indicating that something worse will be going to happen with my company.

The word Love in the letter is haunting me. Love is something I've never experienced but I always craved for. My parents were lovable towards me but there's always a loophole.

FLASHBACK~
Vidya was holding a letter in her hand and was crying, her eyes swelled, her lips murmuring mumma!! A broken teenage girl with a ripped heart.
"To my Swan,
I never meant to hurt you my child, but I started to hurt you so I'm leaving. Stay strong!! I wanna tell you something... You always took your father's side, but you didn't know that your perfect father has a girlfriend... I never wanted to hurt you, that's why I hid this but now you must know... I'm not dying because of you. I'm dying because of the guilt... The guilt of the curse which just slipped from my tongue. I never wanted you to suffer the way I suffered but you always took his side and neglected me. I'm so done Vidi. I'm sorry because I failed as a mother but I'm thinking as a human, I can't tolerate it anymore. I always craved his love, but he always gave me mental abuse and now I've no strength to hurt you or him. I know you'll be okay with the time. Don't blame yourself for anything and respect your dad because indeed he's a good dad but he failed as a husband, and I failed as your Mumma. Try to forget my harsh words, I never meant... Please don't misunderstand me. Please forgive me beta... Please don't take your Dadi's wordings seriously...She misunderstood me...
I LOVE YOU SWAN!!"

These were the words scribbled on that letter. Many words were blurred because of tear spots.
Tears kept flowing through Vidya's eyes while she read that letter.
She was sitting on the floor in the corner of the room. After reading, she kissed the letter with the thought that these were the last words scribbled by her mom's hand. Those hands which she used to kiss in her childhood after coming from her play school. Those hands made her favorite pancakes. Those hands which caressed her cheeks and hair when she felt low.
"It's been freaking two years and now I found your letter. I never thought you were suffering this much Mumma. I ignored you and Papa because your fights were hurting me too and I always took your side in front of him but you never saw that. I never supported him completely, I never supported you though...I tried to know the reason for your fights, but that person made excuses that you never listened to him, or you never understood him. I'm in guilt too... I never considered your wordings as a curse because I thought my father was a great man but now I'm afraid. I don't know what's gonna happen, but I hope your wording will never become what Dadi said... A CURSE", Vidya said while hugging the letter.
FLASHBACK ENDS~

Her words were the only thing that hurts the most till today and the reason why I'm afraid to love or marry anyone.
LOVE!! People like us don't deserve love because I always lost the persons, I loved the most. People like Mrityunjay deserves love not me or this freaking monster. I know I can't give him the love he needs. The love that will fill the hollow part inside him. The love his eyes waiting for.