Decisions...

Konig reached out, gently grabbing her arm, guiding her quickly away to the closest building. They stood behind the building, Konig looking around, "We can slip away sometime tonight," he started but Iris pulled away from him. "No, Konig, we're safe here," she shook her head, "I'm safe here with Ghost." Konig looked at her with impatient eyes. "Iris, something feels off. I can't point out what, but please, trust me." he begged. Iris ran her hands over her face and through her hair, "You're being paranoid." she tried but Konig sighed in frustration. "I'd never lie to you, something is wrong." he tried one last time, resting his hand on the side of her face. She suddenly felt what Konig had tried to explain. She felt her chest tighten and her breathing grew chaotic. She nodded finally understanding what he was talking about. While she agreed he was right, she couldn't see herself leaving. "I can't leave Ghost," she said quietly. "He's done so much for me, for us." Konig nodded gently, "You're positive you trust this Ghost?" he asked. Iris nodded, "Yes, I've told you before we can." "And the rest of them?" he asked quickly. Iris nodded as Konig looked around. "Let me talk to Ghost," Iris suggested, "He'll understand."

Konig had agreed to let Iris talk to Ghost, but with or without her, he was leaving after nightfall. Iris walked away from Konig, feeling a mix of emotions. She stared at the ground, her mind racing at the thought of them being in an unsafe environment. She looked up when voices brought her out of her head and looked around. Iris saw many faces, some familiar though she didn't know the names, only seeing them frequently in the compound. She wondered if there was a reason she recognized them. Are they following me? Are they secretly with Makarov? Does he know we're here? She shook the thoughts from her head as she continued to walk.

Iris finally found Ghost sitting in the mess hall with Soap and Gaz. "Simon, can I talk to you?" she asked quietly as she leaned closer to him. "Yeah," he nodded, "I'll be right back." he said to Soap and Gaz as he stood, following Iris out of the mess hall and outside. "Everything okay?" he asked as they walked.

I - We have to talk in here.

G - What's wrong?

I - Konig doesn't feel safe here.

G - Of course he doesn't. He used to be the enemy and he's hurt a few men while he's been here.

I - No, it's something different.

G - What do you mean?

I - He feels something is off. Like someone is a traitor.

G - When did he say this?

I - He didn't say it, I felt it.

Ghost's eyes looked disappointed as he looked at Iris.

I - Oh, don't start.

He shook his head,

G - Alright, what do you want me to do?

I - I'm not sure, he wants us to leave tonight...

Ghost stopped walking, "What?" he asked, his tone growing angry. Iris sighed, "Konig just feels-" Ghost cut her off, "Fuck what he thinks, what do you think?" he asked sharply. "Simon, I want to stay," she calmly assured, "But I felt what he did, and he's not wrong. Something isn't right." she finished. "We can try to find out." he shrugged. "How are we going to do that?" Iris asked. "We can talk to Price," he suggested. "I don't know if Konig will like that." Iris sounded unsure. "Well, he's the person I trust the most here," he offered. Iris nodded hesitantly. "Alright, talk to him." Ghost paused for a moment, "Iris," he sounded unusually nervous, "If he leaves, they'll find him and kill him." he finished. "I know," Iris nodded with a sorrowful face before walking away.