Fate

There was a sudden change to Konig's demeanor. Ghost looked at Konig with confusion in his eyes and chaos in his lungs. Konig grinned under his sniper hood, "Your heart beats the same for me as it does for Iris. Why is that?" he asked. "I don't know," Ghost took a step back, "I don't- I can't- I need to talk to Iris," he said as he turned away, his chest began to tighten, but Konig grabbed his wrist and pulled him back to face him. Ghost felt a sharp pain in his wrist as he looked at Konig, frustration and anger grew and he jolted his hand back away from Konig, "Get your fucking hands off me." he said with poison in his tone. "Ghost," Konig said menacingly calm, "I don't fully understand either, but it's there." Ghost shook his head, "No it's not, I'll deal with you later." he said before turning to leave once more. Konig let him leave this time, a villainous grin growing on his face. 

Ghost walked quickly through the compound, his eyes darting everywhere to find Iris. His breathing increased and he felt his chest tighten more and his face turn hot. He clutched his vest, feeling his breathing slipping away from him. A panic attack? Not now... Ghost's hand glided quickly over his chest to find the straps to free himself. His vision turned blurry as the panic continued to raise in his chest. 

Ghost shook his head, the violent buzzing in his head grew too loud as his knees gave, sending him to the ground roughly. He pressed his hands into the dirt to try to ground himself but it wasn't working. "Lt.?" Ghost heard Soap's muffled voice through the ringing in his ear. He put his hands over his ears and his forehead to the ground, groaning at the pain in his chest and the chaos that was erupting in his mind. "Lt., what's happening?" Soap shouted as he kneeled next to Ghost, putting his face next to his ear. "I don't know." Ghost forced out through a ragged breath. "Gaz, get a medic!" Soap shouted as he sat up for a moment. "Get up," Soap said as he grabbed Ghost's upper arms and pulled. Ghost tried but the pain was too immense. He only let out a louder groan that was full of agony. 

Suddenly woken up, Iris felt something shift in her chest, it felt like a sharp vibration. She sat up and threw the blankets off of her and rushed out of Ghost's room. 

I - Simon? 

There was no answer, only a growing pain in her chest. 

I - Simon, where are you? What's wrong? 

It was still silent, but the pain grew almost unbearable as she walked quickly through the halls. 

I - Where the fuck are you?! 

G - Find Konig, now!

Confusion swirled her mind as the pain made it difficult to think straight as she fell into the wall.

I - Why? 

G - Whatever is happening to me is because of him. 

Iris shook her head to brush away the pain and in disbelief. 

I - Konig wouldn't-

G - IRIS NOW!

I - NO!

Iris stood up from the wall and continued to walk, but her knees shook as she tried to pick up her pace. Cries escaped her throat as the pain radiated in her chest. "Ma'am, are you alright?" a passing soldier asked. She ignore the concern from him and walked faster. 

Soap finally got Ghost to sit and when he saw Ghost's eyes, fear spread over him. "Lt..." he said with wide eyed. He fell to his backside and scooted away from Ghost slowly. Ghost saw the terror in Soap's eyes, "Johnny," he grunted out, "What's happening?!" he shouted through another groan as he clutched his arms. The pain began traveling to his forearms, it felt like fire was spreading through his veins. 

Iris finally stumbled outside, her eyes searching for Ghost. She saw a growing crowd and rushed towards it. Pushing past the people that stood around, Iris heard whispering and Ghost's voice full of pain. "Simon," she said with a strained tone, the pain was near unbearable. After pushing past the last few people, Iris fell to the ground. She looked at Ghost and Soap staring at each other and Soap had terror on his face. When she looked at Ghost, her heart sank. No...

His eyes were black, nearly blending in with the blackout he wore around his eyes. She felt his heart beat differently, the same tone as hers. His blood turning the same chemical mix as her. She crawled towards Soap. Once next to him, she shook him, "Soap, you have to get these people out of here, NOW!" she demanded through painful groans. "What's happening Iris?" He shouted over Ghost's groans without taking his eyes off him. She didn't answer his question, "Now Soap, go!" she shouted once more. Soap stood up, shouting at the people gathered around Ghost to get as far away from his as possible. Gaz finally returned with a medic, "Get him out of here, Gaz," Soap shouted as Gaz approached, panic spreading quickly over his face as he looked down at Ghost. Once the crowd thinned, Iris kneeled in front of Ghost and looked at Soap and Gaz, "Hold him down," she said quickly before turning to Ghost again. Soap and Gaz each held his arms tightly, Iris held Ghost's face, "I'm sorry," she warned with tears in her eyes before sinking her teeth into his neck. 

The sound Ghost released wasn't human as it pierced Soap and Gaz's ears. Ghost thrashed around violently as Iris tried to stay on his neck. As she sucked the venom from Ghost's veins, she was suddenly throw to the side. She hit the wall violently. Soap and Gaz turned to see Iris laying motionless on the ground. "Iris!" Gaz shouted as he hear heavy footsteps behind him. Soap and Gaz turned to see Konig approaching them and Ghost.