Lost Again

The man smiled, the emptiness in his pitch black eyes making him look all the more menacing. The silence in the small room was deafening. Ghost reached out his hand, "Iris, I thought he was dead." he said as he grabbed her hand gently and pulled her back. "He was," her tone full of fear and confusion, "I don't-" the man interrupted her, "No, Iris. That wasn't me. It was merely," he took a deep breath in and released it as if to taunt her, "a clone, I suppose you could say." Ghost, Price and Soap kept their weapons drawn. "A clone?" Price repeated. The man nodded, "Indeed. My name is Dr. Howard Taman. I ran this lab along side my wife, Cheryl." he took a step in, causing them to pull their weapons higher. "Don't do that," Soap said with a warning tone. Howard held his hands up, "I don't want to harm you men, I just want to speak with C-32." he smiled a villainous grin again. "That's not my name anymore." Iris said, matching Soap's tone. Howard raised his brows, "They gave you a new one? Like a pet?" he nearly spat as he spoke. "I'm not a pet." Iris corrected with her brows narrowed. "Why do you want to speak with her?" Ghost asked, his voice dark and more raspy. "I don't think that's your business," he didn't look towards Ghost as he answered. "The fuck it's not," Ghost spat back. Howard looked between Iris and Ghost as he made a realization. The way she stood so close to him, the way he pulled her behind him. "Ah, you've fallen for the beast." he laughed. Iris felt pain spread through her chest, "I'm not a beast." she said quietly. "Then what would you call yourself, C-32?" he said with venom on his tongue. "Insult her again, and you won't breath long enough to find out." Ghost threatened. Howard studied Ghost, taking in the rest of the team before he spoke, "what is it you think you'll find here? How to reverse what she is?" There wasn't an answer from the team or Iris as Howard continued to speak. "Well unfortunately for you, you all need me to do that." he grinned with hateful pride. "Alright, you've said enough." Price said as he approached Howard, keeping his weapon on him. "Soap," he tilted his head, "We'll take him back. You two keep looking. We'll be back in an hour." There was a worried look in his eyes at he looked at Iris. Her face was blank, unreadable almost, but there was a deep hurt in her eyes. "Alright, ya bastard, you know how the serum works, don't ya? Well that serum you so kindly created, are in these bullets. So don't fuck around." Soap warned as he gestured for Howard to walk.

After Price and Soap left, Iris stood still in the center of the room. Ghost set his gun down near the door, and stood in front of Iris, "You alright, sweetheart?" he asked gently. Her eyes didn't look at him, "I'm fine." she said quickly, her eyes looking past him. "Iris, do you want to talk about it?" he asked cautiously. Iris shook her head, "I don't know what to say." Ghost noticed tears began to fill her eyes. "If you're worried about him harming you, he won't." Ghost promised. Iris slowly comprehended his words and finally looked at him, "You can't promise that. You saw his eyes," she shook her head, "he's like me and yo-" she stopped as her emotions got caught in her throat. "Iris," Ghost tried but Iris exploded. "You can't promise me that, Simon!" she took a step away from Ghost, running her hands through her hair. "Iris, calm down." Ghost tried but failed miserably. "DON'T tell me to calm down! You don't know what he can do. What he's already done." Tears soaked her face as her chest heaved from the chaos in her lungs. "I'm just trying to help," Ghost said calmly as he approached her carefully. "You don't understand," she shook her head as her lips trembled. "Iris, I do understand." he said softly. "What?" Iris asked sharply though it was unintentional. "Here," Ghost held his hand out, "let me show you." Iris looked at his hand as his face softened, "Simon, you don't have to." Ghost shook his head, "yes I do," he flinched his hand for her to take it. Iris put her hand in his and flashes of Ghost's past filled her mind. As it went through the torture, the pain, the torment, and the struggles he endured, Iris' tears continued to flow. After a moment, Iris pulled back, unable to see any more. Ghost didn't look at her, keeping his eyes on the floor, "I do understand, Iris." his tone was low. "I'm sorry," she apologized as she placed a hand on his masked face. He shook his head gently, but didn't say anything.

Experiment C-32 | Simon "Ghost" RileyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara