The Beginning

This country was once as normal as the others.

Life was about as normal as it could be. Working a 9 to 5, paying to live with your family. Taxes, bills, as good as it could have been.

But then the government was corrupted. Politicians put their needs and their status before the rest of the country. All of the money was going towards the military. To show the power and might of their stupid government.

The economy crashed first, then the riots.

A small team of people decided to start a rebellion to overthrow the current government. They had built a base in the swamp outside of the capital. The population grew. Led by Jack Verl, they went in guns blazing.

The devastation was massive. The streets grew red with crimson and the sounds of screams and bullets being fired filled the air. One soldier caused the most damage. Cain. His fury, his rage. It was so immense, that in his rage he was shooting everything in sight. Regardless of what side said everything was on. His own team. Even shooting Jack by accident.

After all was said and done. Jack took place as a general. This new government only focused on the rich, leaving the poor to fight for themselves in a kill or be killed world. Most of the rebels were slaughtered on command of Jack himself.

Some went into hiding, but became wanted by the newfound government. This included Cain. He felt almost cursed by his actions. Forced to go on the run, becoming the shell of the man he used to be.

It hurt. HE hurt.

But you have to survive.

And so does Ava.

=====

EEEHEHEHHE I think I did good.
Apologize for the shortness. This isn't an official chapter. Just the beginning....