Chapter 1

"Where are you little Ava~?"
The figure spoke. Tall and brooding with a mischievous look on his face.

The girl had been running from him. He was her current survival buddy... Before he snapped that is. He couldn't take her endless talking and complaining anymore. That's all she did. First it started with complaining about staying in the same place. Never moving. Then it went to hunger... Her stomach growled and growled on a daily basis as she became skinnier.

"Come here you stupid BRAT!"

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME-"
The girl shouted. Hiding behind a dumpster in an alleyway, knife in hand.

Slowly the man crept up. Her heart rate was picking up its pace. Bum-bum. Bum-bum. Bum-bum.

Silence was what she heard. It seemed like mere seconds had passed before he grabbed the girl. Throwing her to the other side of the alley, a loud THUD as she hit the wall and slid down, coughing up blood.

"God... Fuck!"

"God is right Ava. I'm so fucking SICK of your shit. Blah blah you NEVER STOP TALKING!"

She looked up, eyes filled with anger.

"Suck. My. Dick."

Standing up as she spoke, getting into a posture to stab the man.

He grew into a rage at her words, and lunged at her. She was fully ready to defend herself.

BAM!

A gunshot?

The man's body went limp as he had taken a bullet to the head. He laid there as his face drained of life..and his head drained of blood. Brains had spewed everywhere on the floor, causing the girl to have a slight face of disgust.

"What the hell-?"

She looked towards the direction of where the bullet came from. A man stood there.

He was tall. At least a foot taller than the girl. He had silky black hair. Dark stubble beard and mustache. His face seemed sharp and almost muscular. Nearly as muscular as his body. Wearing a reddish-brown hoodie and grey jeans, he had a holster over his shoulder.

God damn this was a fine man.

Placing his rifle back into the holster, it rested against his back. He slowly turned his head to look at the girl. His face was shallow and he seemed neutral to the situation, only sparing a short glance before turning to walk away.

"Wait-!" The girl said as she put her knife up and ran towards the man. Stepping over her now dead buddy in the process.

The man's facial expression never changed. He kept walking as the girl went beside him.

"My name is Ava.. What's yours? Thanks for saving my ass back there- he was a real prick."

His face still didn't change. And he didn't respond to her.

"Ey buddy I'd appreciate it if you at least stuck with me if you don't want to talk.."

He stopped in his tracks, side eyeing her without turning his head.

"I need someone as much as I don't want it ok? I have a tendency to get into trouble.. "

He started to walk again.

"Please I'm wanted by the governm-"

The man covered her mouth. Glaring at her as he turned his head. Catching Ava off guard as he seemed to almost be lost in thought.

Now that he was looking, something about her face seemed familiar to him.

She had long brown hair with blue bangs. Surely she had dyed her hair recently.. A white tank top and Jean shorts, with a holster that held a pistol and a big knife. On her shoulder was the classic heart tattoo with the words "mom" on it.

How original.

Her eyes though. The way her eyes sparkled with determination reminded him of someone. Someone he couldn't shake out of his mind. He hated this idea.. But if she really was wanted by the government she might have had something to do with the rebellion.

She could be of great use to him.

He let out a sigh. And looked towards a broken down apartment building.

Signaling her to follow him, they made their way to the apartment.

Little did he know who she really was.