Chapter 11

"MY FATHER IS WHAT?"

Cain was driving out of the city as fast as he could, heading straight for the forest.

“Your father was the fucking founder of the whole resistance. I fought along side him for years and he TRAINED ME!"

Ava was in utter disbelief. She knew nothing about her dad. Suddenly everything made sense now. Everything her mother had ever said about him.

"WELL FUCK..."

She practically slammed her head back against the seat. Tears filling her eyes.

"You've gotta be FUCKING kidding me."

“RIGHT NOW YOU’RE THEIR TOP PRIORITY JACK ASS.” Cain yelled.

Ava started shaking violently, covering her ears and closing her eyes.

"STOP YELLING!"

She was silently crying now, bringing her legs up to her chest as she buried her face between her knees.

“Just…keep your gun at hand..”

Tears were streaming down her face at this point.

"Wherever the fuck we are going better have some water cause I REALLY need a bath if Im gonna calm down.."

“You’re not going to like it..”

"The fuck you mean..?"

"Are you ok with swamps?"

~~~

Hours later, they arrived at the swamp. Cain pulled over at a run down cabin.

"We're here."

She looked over at the cabin with a slightly disgusted face as she got up and grabbed her things.

"I mean at least theres....water..?"

"With giant reptiles in them."

"So much for a bath..." She closed the back of the van, shaking her head as she took in the stench of the swamp.

"You used to live here or something?"

“This was one of our two bases of operations, this is just the cover up, the real thing is in the basement. There's another base about a mile from here that's even more secure."

Ava looked at the cabin with hesitancy.

"So my dad was here...?"

"He built it."

She turned around and silently headed back to the van.

"Ava we don't have a choice-"

"Yes we do. I am NOT doing anything to associate with a deadbeat such as him."

She was getting on his nerves at this point, causing him to lash out.

“DAMN IT AVA THIS IS THE ONLY PLACE WHERE WE ARE SAFE, SO EITHER GET IN OR WE ARE BOTH DEAD."

"I'D RATHER BE DEAD!" She screamed out, dropping her stuff on the swampy ground and leaning against the van, sliding down to the ground as she hugged her knees.

"Ava please.. For me?"

Tears filled her eyes.

"Cain I hate that man so much I don't wanna be in something he built it hurts I hurt I-"

Cain shifted his tone, leaning down to hold her hands
“I know…I know..but it’s our only chance..”

She blushed a bit at the hand contact, her tears slowing as she just looked down at the ground. After a minute she pulled him towards her and hugged him.

"Just give me a minute..."

Cain was startled for a moment, but he eventually hugged her back. He took in every detail he could. How gently she hugged him, how her breathing sounded. It was dizzying. He was confused.

A man so used to pain and anger felt comfort with a woman. Let alone a woman that his worst enemy made. He didn't know how to feel. Was it love? Or was it just sexual attraction? He couldn't tell anymore.

"Take your time Ava..."

It took her a while, but she eventually sighed and let go, grabbing her things from the ground.
"Ok.. Let's go."

=======

So sorry for the short chapter. But the next one is gonna be extra long as there is gonna be HEAVY SMUT!!! SEX TIME YAY.