Chapter 4

Written with help of Anna (๑•ᴗ•๑)♡

=====

2 weeks had gone by now since Ava moved in with her new buddy. He had yet to utter a single word yet, but somehow managed to keep conversation without saying anything.

His body language spoke a thousand words. Sometimes he'd snicker. Sometimes he'd groan. Sometimes when he felt uncomfortable he'd stay silent completely.

Other times she would catch him adjusting his position on the couch for unknown reasons.

He was still highly intimidating. With a habit of getting angry and almost shooting Ava. He never did though.

Only strongly thought about it.

Ava woke up on the mattress with a groan. "Ugh... What timeeee is i-"

The man threw a wrist watch at her. It had a crack in the glass, but it still worked. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the watch.

6 am?

"Man..."

She stood up slowly and dusted herself off. Stretching before bending down to grab her holster for her weapons.

The man caught a glimpse and adjusted himself.
(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

She looked back and shrugged. Turning to go sit next to him.
When she sat, she kicked her legs out onto the ottoman and crossed her arms.

"I need to get some hair dye. My roots are showing.."

"..."

"OH, and if there is a river nearby I could really use for a bath and to clean my clothes! OH ALS-"

The man covered her mouth and glared at her. Letting out a sigh before standing up and grabbing his bag of stuff.

She instantly knew to follow him, getting up following to where ever he took her.

They walked for about 30 minutes before arriving to a random alley on the outskirts of town. It seemed empty. Desolate. Except for a manhole cover on the ground.

Ava seemed confused and looked over at him. He was walking over to it. Stomping 3 times.

Bam. Bam. Bam.

The manhole lifted and slid to the side, revealing a ladder.

He didn't even use said ladder, jumping in and landing on the wet ground.

Ava followed quickly, except she actually climbed.

"Where are we?" She said to him.

After a few twists and turns they made it to a vault door. This time he knocked 4 times.

Voices and music could be heard inside. The latch clicked and the vault opened enough for them to slide in.

Ava was in awe, so many different people in one place. No violence. Just pure fun. A pool table, a mini bar, hell even a dance floor. The walls were covered with graffiti and in one corner there was an old tv that seemed to be modified. A couch near it too.

"Woah-"

"Well Hiya Sugar!" Said a lady. She was looking at the man.

"Long time no see! Who's this beautiful woman beside you?"

The lady that was speaking was dark in color. She had what appeared to be vitiligo, as white spots littered her face and neck. A bright pink fluffy Afro and polka dotted red shirt and black jacket suited her.

"The names Yuma! You friends with Cain here?"

Ava stayed silent.

"His name is Cain-?"

"Oh don't tell me you didn't know his name! There's been rumors he's been running around with a little lady like you! It's been weeks hasn't it?"

Ava shrugged.

"He doesn't really talk.. At all."

The man was across the room down at the couch. Cleaning his rifle as always. But this time he had a guy sitting next to him.

Yuma looked at the man before looking back at Ava.

"Yeah.. He has a tendency to not talk. Not since the rebellion! Oh BOY was he a chatterbox then. 'BLAH BLAH GOVERNMENT BLAH BLAH VIOLENCE' and all that good stuff."

Ava chuckled.

Yuma was now looking at her hair, noticing her blonde roots were showing.

"Say... If you wanna clean up those roots I'd be more than happy to do it for you! I'm what you'd call 'the towns cosmetologist'!!"

Ava's eyes lit up and she nodded.

"I'd absolutely love that- the name is Ava by the way!"

Yuma led Ava to a room to get her hair done.

It made her feel warm inside. She wasn't used to people being nice. It had been a really long time.

Maybe times had changed.