Chapter 2

326 steps.

That's how many it took for Ava to reach her new "Home" with the man she had supposedly befriended..

'We are friends now, right?'
She thought to herself as she walked up those steps.

Looking around at her surroundings, the walls were crumbling and covered with mold. The smell was disgusting and pungent. Almost as bad as a decaying body.

Every step seemed uneasy. Tiny pieces of the steps would crumble off, falling to the flight below it.

"Are we there yet?" She mumbled to the man.

He only grunted in response. She seemed to be struggling to keep up with him. Being at least a flight above her the whole time. Then again, she was clearly malnourished. Hungry. Her eyes seemed baggy and tired. Yet it appeared she had never been more full of life. He had to cut it out to her, she seemed to be a real fighter.

Eventually time went by, and they arrived at the only room that was stable.

Room 420?

She snickered at the number, causing the man to roll his eyes.

"That's a funny number-"

The man opened the door and let her step in first.

'Woah.. He has manners?'

It certainly caught her off guard, but she shook her head and shrugged it off, looking at her surroundings.

Before her was a brown carpeted room with gray walls

Before her was a brown carpeted room with gray walls. It was mostly empty with mostly peeled wallpaper here and there. The naked parts of the wall appeared to be littered in cracks. In the corner of the room was a stained mattress, along with a teal window that was covered poorly in paper. Just enough for light to still shine through. Ava was sure the room used to be beautifully decorated with teal and brown decorations. Possibly owned by an elderly person.

Now it was just a testament as to how bad the poor have it now. Forced to survive in unsafe and worn down conditions.

"Ain't exactly a picturesque place... But at least there's a bed-"
Ava spoke. Looking to the man for comfort.

He shrugged and went to sit on the only couch in the room, leaning back and starting to clean his rifle.

Ava went and flopped down on the mattress. Causing a loud FLOP as she landed. She grunted in exhaustion and looked around slowly before making eye contact with the man. He appeared to be looking at her without shame. As if he didn't realize that he was.

"I'm gonna warn you now buddy... I talk A lot. Silence will be rare unless I sleep."

The man groaned and leaned back, exhausted at his new predicament.

"Look man I understand if you don't wanna talk but MY talking will be more enjoyable if you participate too."

The man stayed silent.

'Fuck... This guy seems to be fucked up. Wonder what happened to him..'

======

Note:

Hiiiiii hi this chapter is short. I apologize greatly. I made up for it with this drawing though! The walls and the carpet were drawn by me and the mattress and window are F2U PNGs I found online. I hope they suffice to help fuel the imagination!!!

LOVE Y'ALL!