Chapter 9

Man I'm writing this shit faster than the entire season of Hazbin Hotel coming out in one month.

Oh well :D

=====

"You're insane, you know that Ava?"

Cain and her had been bickering for hours now. He figured he would have to be getting used to this now that he said his first words to her.

She wasn't gonna let him be silent again. So no use in fighting it.

"Well of course I am insane. I somehow put up with you!" She raised her arms up in frustration.

“What do you want? A trophy?” He said sarcastically.

Ava crossed her arms and pouted.

"Maybe a bath... I smell like shit."

“If you hadn’t noticed, the whole building is destroyed.”

"Yeah yeah....OH now that I think about it! A pop tart. Love to have one of those."

He chuckled lowly.
"Good luck finding that."

She tilted her head back against the cracked wall.

"Not like you let me out of here anyways anymore. It's been like what.. A few weeks now? Ever since I last got my hair dyed by Yuma.

“Because I know damn well you’re going to try and play hero.”

'The audacity of this man-'

"Look it was one time Cain! I had to save that cat."

She turned her head towards him, batting her eyelashes innocently as she pouted.

“And those two guys we met on the road that were stopped by the military?”
He said, raising an eyebrow.

"......"

She turned her head back and closed her eyes.

“We need to survive, there is no time for some self righteous bullshit Ava.”

"Yeah well I ain't no bitch CAIN."
Putting emphasis on his name as she spoke.

Cain snapped, standing up and raising his voice.

“THIS IS WAR DAMN IT, GET OFF YOUR FUCKING HIGH HORSE AND WAKE UP.”

'Shit...' He thought to himself, immediately regretting his outburst.

He remembered her telling him about all the abuse her mother put her through once she had snapped. Ava always said how much people yelling at her scared her.

Now here she was, shaking violently as tears filled her eyes. She could feel the build up of fear in her gut as the emotion was oozing out of her.

"I-I'm sorry Cain.."

He sighed as he rubbed his eyes, now feeling awful about what he just did.