Tell me how you are feeling

(Regressed Chris)

(Yes I know I already wrote something similar, but I wanted a full chapter to be about it.)

Location: LA

Nick=Dada
Matt=Daddy
Alahna=Mama

Alahna, Nick, and Matt all needed to go to the store and get a few things, but the only thing is was that Chris was regressed. Now, they didn't mind taking him places while he was regressed, it was just the meltdowns that he would have could escalate really quickly.

"Okay are you guys ready?" Nick shouted from the bottom of the stairs. "Yes we are coming! I had to change Chris really quick." Matt replied. Alahna came down the stairs first, then Matt and Chris followed. "Hi Dada! We go store Dada?" Chris asked while tilting his head a little. "Yes baby, we are going to the store." Nick replied. "We get me toy?" Chris asked. "No baby not this time." Nick said.

Chris started pouting immediately. "Dada I wan toy... p'ease Dada?" Chris begged. "No baby not this time." Nick said. "Chrissy baby we are not going to be getting any toys this time." Alahna said. "But Mama... toy." Chris pouted. "I know baby. I know you want a toy, but we are not going to be getting any toys this time because we have to get the more important things this time." Alahna stated.

Chris wasn't having any of it. Next thing you know Chris dropped to his bottom and started crying. "Chris baby come on. We have to go." Matt said. "Nooo! I wan toy!" Chris shouted. At this point Chris was screaming and kicking. He was having a full on temper tantrum. "Okay hold on you guys." Alahna said. Matt and Nick went to go and sit on the couch. Chris was having a temper tantrum in the living room, so the couch was right there.

"Chrissy. Chris baby look at Mama." Alahna said in a soft tone. "No ook Mama!" Chris cried. "Okay no sir. Christopher look at Mama now." Alahna said with a more firm tone. Chris almost immediately looked at Alahna, but was still crying. Alahna was more on the sweet side, but she also knew how to put her foot down. "Chrissy. I need to you breathe." Alahna said.

"Look at what Mama is doing baby and follow me." Alahna stated. Chris tried to copy Alahna and her breathing, but every time he would almost calm down, he would start crying all over again. This is when Alahna did the only other thing that she knew. She sat down on the floor and put Chris in her lap and held him close to her chest so he could hear her heartbeat.

Chris soon followed Alahna's breathing and calmed down. "Okay baby. Now, I need you to tell me how you are feeling." Alahna said. "Sad." Chris said softly. "Okay so you are sad. Is that all?" Alahna asked. "Yes Mama." Chris said. "Can you please tell me why you are sad?" Alahna asked. "I sad cuz I wan toy but Mama, Dada, and Daddy say no." Chris replied. "Okay. That is okay. It is perfectly fine to feel sad and I thank you for telling Mama." Alahna said.

"Mama why I no have toy?" Chris questioned. "Baby, we are not going to be getting any toys this time because we have to get the more important things." Alahna said. "Portant?" Chris asked. "Yes baby the more important things." Alahna replied. "What we get Mama?" Chris asked with his head tilted a little. "We have to get you some more pull-ups, sippy cups, clothes, wipes, paci's, paci clips, tissue, paper towels, and some food." Alahna said.

"Otay Mama. We go now?" Chris asked. "Yes baby we can go now." Alahna said before helping Chris stand up and then she got up herself. Nick and Matt got up from the couch in shock. Alahna turned to look at them and then she chuckled a little. "What?" Alahna asked confused. "What do you mean what? Did you not just see how well you just handled that whole situation?!" Matt asked confused.

"Oh no not really. I just kind have a method I guess." Alahna replied. "Well then what is it because I need to know." Nick asked along with Matt nodding in agreement. "I mean if I really think about it first you have to calm them down as you could see he was very wound up and panicked." Alahna said. "Then, once they are calm you need to ask them how or what they are feeling. I feel like it is very important to hear their side of the story. Even if it is something small." Alahna stated.

"But, always remember to put your foot down and don't give in and just give them what they want. Like as you saw when I told him to look at me and he chose not to the first time so I had to get a little bit firm so he could understand that this is not a game and that he needs to listen. Which he did comply to." Alahna said. "After you get their attention, and you get them calm, and then you get their side of the story, then you have to tell them why your answer is your answer." Alahna said.

"And sometimes they will understand and other times they won't. But, it is very important to stand your ground." Alahna stated. "Okay Mama Alahna!" Nick said while clapping. "Lol Nick your too funny." Alahna said. "Okay now is everyone good and ready to go?" Matt asked. "Yes Daddy!" Chris said while running up to Matt and grabbing his hand. "Okay then we are all good." Nick said.

Everyone walked out of the door and then Matt locked the house up and then he got in the car. Nick buckled Chris into his car seat and then he got in the back next to Chris. Alahna got in the front and Matt started to drive.