First Day of Daycare

(Regressed Nick)

Matt=Papa
Chris=Dada

Chris' POV:
My alarm just went off and it is 7:30 am. Today is Nick's first day of Daycare. Nick is regressed to 3 years old. I got up and got ready for the day and then I went to go and wake Matt up. I walked to Matt's room. I knocked and waited for a response.

"Come in." Matt said. I walked in his room quietly knowing that he was probably still sleepy. "Hey we have to go ahead and get up because today is Nick's first day of Daycare. He has to be there by 8:45." I said.

"Okay I'll get up now." Matt said while sitting up and then getting out of his bed. "Okay I am going to go and get Nick ready, can you make him some breakfast please?" I asked politely. "Yeah I can. I'm going to get dressed first though and then I'll make him breakfast." Matt stated.

"Okay thanks." I said. "No problem." Matt replied. I then walked to the nursery and gently opened the door. I walked over to Nick's bed and saw him fast asleep with his pacifier in his mouth.

"Nick... Nick... bubba come it's time to get up." I said quietly while rubbing his back. "Mm?" Nick hummed in response. "It's time to get up baby. Today is your first day of Daycare bud." I said. "I seepy. No wan go." Nick said.

"I know that you're still sleepy bubba, but you have to get ready so you aren't late." I said. Nick opened his eyes and then immediately closed them back. I just chuckled to myself. "Nick bubba come on. Papa is making breakfast for you." I said knowing that it would make him happy.

"Papa?" Nick questioned after he opened his eyes. "Yes baby Papa." I replied while chuckling to myself. "Otay dada I get up." Nick said as he got out of his bed. "Dada we go see Papa first p'ease?" Nick asked. "Yes baby we can go and see Papa first." I said.

I grabbed his hand and then we walked to Matt's room. "Do you want to knock?" I asked him. "Yes p'ease!" He said as he jumped up and down. Nick knocked his little hand on the door. "Papa! Open door p'ease!" Nick yelled. "Hold on here I come bubba." Matt yelled from the other side of the door.

"Papa! Open door! P'ease papa open you door! It Nicky!" Nick shouted as he knocked again. Matt opened his door and just smiled. "Hi bubba. You couldn't wait any longer?" Matt joked. "Papa!" Nick jumped into Matt's arms. "Why you no open you door papa?" Nick asked as he tilted his head.

"I was coming baby." Matt said as Nick played with his hair. "I was t'ying to get you to open door fo' me." Nick said. "I know baby, but are you ready for your first day of Daycare?" Matt asked Nick. "Yeah! I make fwens, and eat 'unch, and pway." Nick said now focusing on the necklace that Matt was wearing.

"Okay well what do you want for breakfast bubba?" Matt asked him. "Um... I dunno." Nickk simply stated. "Dada what we eat fo bwefast?" Nick asked me. "Um should we have waffles or pancakes?" I asked Nick. "Waffles!" Nick said before clapping. "Okay then! Waffles it is!" Matt stated.

"Okay bubba you go and get ready for Daycare while I make us some breakfast." Matt said. "Otay papa." Nick said. Matt put him down and then Nick grabbed my hand. "Tome on dada we get weady fo daycare!" Nick said while jumping up and down.

"Okay baby let's go and get ready." I said before walking baby to the nursery. We walked into the bathroom that was connected to the nursery. "Okay bubba you go potty and then I will go get your fresh pull-up." I said.

"Otay dada." Nick replied. I went and got Nick's new pull-up and then after he finished using the restroom, I then put the new pull-up on him. Nick then washed his hands and then brushed his teeth with a little bit of my help.

"Okay baby let's go and put your clothes on." I said. "Nick jumped down from the step stool and then ran to his dresser. "Be careful baby. I don't want you to hurt yourself." I said as I walked to his dresser.

Nick had already picked out is clothes yesterday evening. I put his red Mickey Mouse shirt on, his blue jeans, his black jacket, and then I helped him put on his black socks and then his red Air Jordan 1's.

"Oh my goodness look at you bubba. You look so good." I complimented him. "Okay let's go show papa." I stated. I grabbed his hand and then we walked to the kitchen. "Papa! Papa! 'Ook at me!" Nick stated as he ran to Matt.

Matt turned around and his eyes went big. "You look so good bubs." Matt said. "Tank you papa." Nick replied. "Okay bubba let's sit you in your highchair so you can eat." Matt said. Matt then picked up Nick and placed him in his highchair.

"Okay while he eats, I am going to pack his diaper bag and his lunch box." I stated. "I can pack his lunch while he eats and then you can pack his diaper bag." Matt said. "Okay sounds like a plan." I went upstairs and got Nick's lunch box and then went back downstairs and handed it to Matt. "Thank you." Matt said. "You're welcome." I replied before walking upstairs.

I packed him two extra outfits, 20 pull-ups since the daycare said that they will need some of his pull-ups, I packed him 3 pacifiers, 4 pacifier clips, 2 packs of baby wipes, 2 extra pairs of socks, his hair brush, pocket tissue, his favorite blanket, his favorite stuffed animal, 3 bottles, and 3 sippy cups.

I grabbed his backpack that was already packed and then walked downstairs with the diaper bag and backpack. When I walked back downstairs, Nick was done eating and he was sitting on the couch watching TV, while Matt was washing Nick's plate and cup.

"Okay bubba are you ready to go?" I asked him. He looked over at me and smiled. "Yes dada, but I wan binky p'ease." Nick said. "Okay here you go." I said as I clipped his pacifier to his shirt and then put it in his mouth.

"Are you ready Matt?" I asked. "Yep let's go." Nick ran over to Matt and made grabby hands towards him. Matt picked him up and then walked to the car. I grabbed Nick's lunch box and then put it in his backpack before walking out to the car as well.

I put all of Nick's things in the front seat on the ground by me as I got in the car. Matt buckled Nick in his car seat and then he went to go and lock up the house. Matt then got in the car and then we were off.