Chapter 3

Bring On The Storm

Inside the big house the adults were all stood in the centaur's office gathered around his desk, Nesaea had taken to pacing back and forth by the door

Inside the big house the adults were all stood in the centaur's office gathered around his desk, Nesaea had taken to pacing back and forth by the door. Poseidon stood impatiently beside Serena as the centaur watched everyone, "so did you watch the girl kill the Minotaur?" He asked making Poseidon shake his head but Nesaea and Serena nodded.

The centaur nodded as he lightly stroked his beard, "look I'm telling you Chiron, she is unlike anything you have ever seen. She killed the Minotaur without even touching it, it was almost like she had complete control over it before its neck snapped" Serena explained.

Chiron nodded slightly as he trotted out of the room and down one of the halls that held a large rickety wooden bookshelf that held old books of prophecy's and many other things. He ghosted his hands over the spines of the books when his hand gravitated towards a navy blue book, he made a sound of acknowledgment before pulling the book out of its place on the shelf. He trotted back into his office with a triumphant smile as he brandished the book for everyone to see. "A Storms Match? Why do you have that child's story?" Poseidon asked with a humorous laugh only for Chiron to glare at his brother.

He pointed at the cover, "This child's story happens to be a prophecy of a girl who can do blood magic and just so happens to be the daughter of Poseidon and a water nymph" Chiron explained with a proud smile before he opens the book to a certain page, "A Storms Match" he read aloud, "the daughter of a Nereid and Poseidon, destined to become a great goddess of water and blood magic but only after a deal with Aphrodite is done to seal her fate" Chiron reads a bit quieter before freezing and quietly reading the rest of the passage to himself, Poseidon held his breath as Chiron's head snapped up to meet his gaze, "what did you do?!" He asked in a low gravely voice making the two nymphs look to Poseidon. Poseidon remained silent, "brother, WHAT DID YOU DO?!" Chiron's voice boomed out louder than anyone's ever heard from the man.

"W-what's going on?" Nesaea asked softly as she took a few steps towards the men.

"WHY?! W-why would you damn your own daughter like this?! If this says what I think it means you have damned her and another! And for what?! So Aphrodite can have her fun?!" Chiron questioned with fire ablaze in his eyes.

Poseidon let out a sharp breath as he made eye contact with his brother, "it was out of my hands. S-she threatened to expose me about—" He trailed off slightly as he felt Nesaea's and Serena's gazes burning into the side of his head, "I-I didn't have a choice she was going to—" he stammered out again only to cut himself off once more.

Nesaea's gaze hardened again as she scoffed loudly, "really?! Are you FUCKING kidding me right now?! You are so unbelievable! You truly only care about that bitch and her son?! Gods kill me now!" Nesaea shouted as she stormed away and out of the room.