Chapter 26

More New Faces

After the altercation between Pandora and Dixie, Jackson was leading the group towards the beach as per Pandora's request

After the altercation between Pandora and Dixie, Jackson was leading the group towards the beach as per Pandora's request. Luke and Naomi refused to leave Pandora's sides while Jackson and Clarisse acted as her bodyguards by keeping Dixie as far away from Pandora as they could. No one understood why Dixie was suddenly overcome with rage and attacked Pandora the first chance she got but Pandora knew and she was finally going to let everyone else know, once they left the path and stepped foot into the sand pandora summoned a large sum of water and quickly made a dome over them which confused everyone. "What I'm about to say doesn't leave this bubble let alone this group, understood?" Pandora stated in an uncharacteristically cold tone. Everyone nodded, "I've lied to you all because I thought it would keep you all safe but here we are" Pandora stated as she let out a shaky breath. Luke gently placed his hand on her shoulder as a sign of encouragement, "the god of time- Kronos, tried to kill me that day at the pond when I was poisoned. I thought I had seen Hadleigh and she came to me asking for help and kept throwing insults at me as a way to egg me on and continue to follow her until the real Hadleigh stepped in and played my memory's from when she had passed and brought me out of whatever state I was in" Pandora roughly bit down on her bottom lip as she looked up towards the top of the dome and tried to blink back tears. She felt Luke remove his hand from her shoulder and let out a silent gasp like sob, "he wants me dead because I'm destined to stop some Great War between the old and the new- what ever the hell that means- I should have told you all of this when it first happened but I was so scared- I am really scared" Pandora whispered not trusting her voice but everyone could hear how much this all upset her.  "I thought I had killed what ever form of him was still left on earth but I was really really wrong and now he's come after all of you and- I am so sorry" Pandora said softly as she refused to look back at any of them.

"You don't take the blame you hear me" Dixie said drawing Pandoras eyes down towards her, "you don't get to take the blame of this, it's our fault too because we just took your word when we should have known better because we are your friends" Dixie said as she lightly grabbed Pandoras shaky hands.

Luke was the next one to come forward as he wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her back against his chest, "I knew you lied" Luke whispered as his lips grazed her ear before resting his chin on her shoulder.

Pandora laughed softly, "to be completely honest we all knew you lied Dora we just didn't wanna push you before you were ready" Jackson said with a small smile.

"You're not the best lier" Naomi signed with a teasing smile making Pandora scoff.

"But now that we know we can all help you defeat this crazy son of a bitch" Lee stated with a smile.

Clarisse smiled as she walked forward toward her, "I fight with you and I pledge my spear to you because you are my sister and no one and I mean NO ONE gets away with hurting my family" Clarisse said with a chuckle when Pandora pulled the girl into her arms.