Chapter 14

Nightshade

Luke shifted slightly as his eyes opened, he moved to roll over but stopped when he realized he wasn't in his cabin and he felt something on his chest, he slowly looked down and saw Pandora's head was laid on his chest

Luke shifted slightly as his eyes opened, he moved to roll over but stopped when he realized he wasn't in his cabin and he felt something on his chest, he slowly looked down and saw Pandora's head was laid on his chest. Curiously he moved one of his hands away from her back and took a strand of her hair and and gently brushed it behind her ear, she shifted around in her sleep for a moment before lifting her head to look up at him. Luke smiled down at her as he ran his fingers gently through her hair, "how are you feeling?" He asked softly.

Pandora looked up a him with a small smile but her smile fell when she heard another voice, "Pands? Pands! Help!" Hadleigh's voice echoed around the room. Pandora's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she looked outside and saw Hadleigh standing there waving her arms around, "Panda Man! I need your help please!" She cupped her hands around her mouth and called out to her.

She quickly stumbled out of her bed making Luke shoot up from how, "Crescent? Hey what's going on?" He called after her but she just continued towards the door. Luke jumped out of bed and ran for the door, "whoa, you're not going anywhere, just lay back down and I'll go get Lee okay?" He said as he pushed her away from the door and leaned back on it.

"No you don't get it- Hadleigh needs my help!" Pandora muttered as she tried to maneuver around him.

"Pandora, hey look at me" Luke whispered as he tried to cup her face, "you're not thinking straight, you need to just lie down and everything will be okay. Lee said this is the worst part of the poison, it makes you see things that aren't really there" he explained as he tried to hold her arms. "Wait did you say Hadleigh?" Luke asked softly as he tried to get her to look at him.

"Yeah she's outside! She said she needs my help!" Pandora explained as she tried to get away from him.

Luke pulled her closer as he checked her eyes, "Pandora Hadleigh is dead remember? You gave me shit last night for even mentioning her- fuck your pupils are dilated" Luke gasped softly as he opened the door to see Clarisse.

"Luke hey! I heard you and Pandora were sick and I just wanted to see if you two were okay, I know Lee told everyone not to bother you guys but I thought it was just because you two drank the most last night— is everything okay?" She asked softly with furrowed eyebrows.

Luke opened his mouth to respond but Pandora stomped on his foot and darted past him, "FUCK! Go get Lee now, tell him shit just got a whole lot worse! TELL HIM SHES HEADING FOR THE WOODS!" Luke said as he grabbed his new sword he had picked up from Hephaestus's cabin and strapped it to his belt before taking off after Pandora.

Just as Pandora was about to talk off into the tree line the barrier glowed a vibrant blue when she hit her fist on the barrier, "Dora! You're smarter than some tree girl c'mon!" Hadleigh spat as she stood at the tree line. Pandora scanned her surroundings as Hadleigh continued to throw insults at her, she clutched her head and let out a painful scream as Luke finally caught up with her. Lee came running with Lucas, Dixie, Clarisse, Naomi, a few older Ares kids with weapons already drawn and some Apollo campers with medical bags. Luke motioned for them to stop as the barrier gave away and finally let Pandora through, she took off in a sprint as everyone quickly followed after her.