Chapter 6

The Trial

Dixie and Lee stood across the room as the makeshift desk as they waited for either Pandora to wake or Chiron to call all of the councilors to discuss what they were to do with the girl from Hephaestus and the boy from Aphrodite

Dixie and Lee stood across the room as the makeshift desk as they waited for either Pandora to wake or Chiron to call all of the councilors to discuss what they were to do with the girl from Hephaestus and the boy from Aphrodite. The girl and boy were in one of the second story rooms so they couldn't bother to try and make an escape, Lee's hand finally hit the desk before running his hands over his face. "Lee none of this was your fault" Dixie said softly as she tried to put her hand on his shoulder but he moved away to kick a chair over and pushed his papers off of the desk.

He went to throw something else but stopped when Dixie wrapped her arms around him from behind him, "It is my fault Dix! I should have known she was hurt! And then the boy! I should've killed them when I had the chance!" Lee spat with venom lacing his words as he tried to remove Dixie's arms.

The door slowly opened as Hadleigh walked in, she leaned on the door frame and waited for the half siblings to notice her. Once she realized they weren't going to notice her she decided to speak up, "is she awake yet?" Hadleigh asked softly which no one thought a child of Ares could do. Lee shook his head wordlessly as his eyes glistened, "Dixie's right you know. About you not being at fault, we couldn't have known what they were going to do. But now we know what to expect and we'll be ready if it happens again" Hadleigh explained as she looked towards Pandora and Naomi who was passed out in a chair next to her bed.

"You see but that's the thing! She doesn't have anyone to turn to like we do, she has no councilor or siblings to turn to and I highly doubt she's going to trust anybody after today. It's our job as councilors to protect the kids but how can we do that when everyone turns on each other?!" Lee questioned as he unwrapped Dixie's arms from around him to pick up the chair he had previously kicked over.

Once he placed the chair back on its legs he sat down on it, Hadleigh walked over and started to collect the fallen papers before looking back up at Lee who had his elbows on the desk and his head in his hands. She placed the pile beside him and took a seat on the other side of the desk, "your right" she stated making him poke his head up to see what she was getting at, "she doesn't have any siblings but she has us" she said as she motioned between the Apollo siblings, herself and Naomi. "And if she wants nothing to do with us then she'll just have to suck it up because she doesn't get a say in the matter" Hadleigh said matter-of-factly with a smile etched onto her usually angry face. "Chiron asked for the councilor's to meet by the way" she said as she pushed herself off of the desk and towards the door.

Hadleigh quickly walked out without another word, "you got them until I get back?" Lee asked softly as he looked to the two girls again.

Dixie nodded, "yeah I got them, make them pay" she said softly before she playfully pushed Lee away from the desk and towards the door. He rolled his eyes but continued out the door, Hadleigh stood out in the hallway waiting for him. She smiled sadly at him and motioned for him to follow her to the room with the ping pong table, where the councilors always met.