Chapter 21

Just a Man

They stoped outside a room that had Pandora's name displayed across the wood, Pandora's eyes scanned down the hall and saw three other doors

They stoped outside a room that had Pandora's name displayed across the wood, Pandora's eyes scanned down the hall and saw three other doors. One with the twins names with green and orange handprints that slowly got bigger as you looked up the door, one with a hand carved tree that took up the whole door and the last was plain. Pandora's eyes slowly turned back to her door that had stars and different constellations but there was a person at the top with their arms slightly bent as they strayed away from their sides as their hands were in a uplifted position, Pandora looked back to her aunt who smiled softly before she pushed the door open. Immediately her eyes caught a glimpse of a hanging hammock chair with a light purple cushion, her eyes drifted around the room and saw a bay window that was surrounded by book shelves. Her eyes continued to roam when she finally laid eyes on her bed, she had steps that led up to a platform that held her bed with a canopy that hung over her bed. Pandora felt a smile creeping across her face before she ran into her new room, Selena laughed softly as she watched her niece drop herself into the hammock chair. "Dinner will be done soon but I wanted to check on you" Selena said as she walked towards the platform.

As she sat down and placed the bag beside her she looked expectingly towards the girl, "what do you mean?" Pandora asked nonchalantly as she picked at the skin around her thumb nail.

"You can't just play it off like what you just learned is nothing, we were all worried how you would take the news but-" Selena tried to reason but was swiftly cut off.

"If he is who he claims he is then he should have been there for Hadleigh after her mom died protecting her, she was 8 when she lost her mom and by the time she made it to camp she was 11. She was bumped around from foster home to foster home until a Satyr found her in her last foster home surrounded by the bodies of her foster parents and their two kids. A monster found her but he refused to kill her so he settled for killing everyone else in the house in hopes he would hurt Ares but the monster left her alone and thankfully the Satyr found her when he did because after she left the neighbors blamed her for their murders. That's why she never left camp aunt Selena, she was a wanted killer by the whole US. She had no one until she met Lee" Pandora muttered coldly as Selena nodded along.

"I know baby but I doubt he knew any of that until she got claimed at camp" Selena tried to reason. Pandora averted her eyes and nodded solemnly, "why don't we let you call your friends back at camp, we still have some time before dinner and I think it'd do you some good to see them" Selena offered with a sly smile.

Pandora perked up slightly but confusion quickly clouded her expression, "how are we going to call them when it's dangerous for me to use a cellphone?" Pandora asked softly.

Selena smiled, "we will send an Iris message" she spoke with the same sly smile.

"A what message?" Pandora asked in confusion.