Chapter 16

Love in War

Lee stood laughing as he watched Pandora renotch an arrow, Pandora had been trying and failing to hit the target after she took Lee's bet as she finally felt like she could hold her own with a bow

Lee stood laughing as he watched Pandora renotch an arrow, Pandora had been trying and failing to hit the target after she took Lee's bet as she finally felt like she could hold her own with a bow. In hindsight she knew she'd never win against Lee seeing as he is the son of Apollo but she wanted to shut him up for once in the 6 years she has known him, "stop laughing asshole!" Pandora yelled at him in frustration. She had been trying for the last hour to beat Lee at his stupid game yet she always seemed to fall short.

"Just admit you can't beat me and we'll go back to living in harmony" Lee called back from his place near one of the targets.

Was it the smartest thing for him to stand that close? No, not at all but that wasn't going to stop him, "harmony my ass, you won't let me live this down! You and I both know that!" She called back to him as he rolled his eyes and scoffed at her. She tired to recenter herself as she drew the string back to her cheekbone, Pandora let out a soft breath as she got a small mischievous smile. As she was about to let the arrow fly she made a sharp turn towards Lee's direction and released the arrow, Lee let out a yelp of surprise as he quickly ducked out of the way. Lee's hat was snatched off of his head as the arrow embedded itself in a tree that was behind Lee, Pandora let her arm fall back to her side as she smiled proudly.

"THAT WAS UNCALLED FOR!" Lee yelled back towards the girl as he lifted himself off of the ground, he started to inspect the arrow that was a perfect head shot. He pulled the arrow out of the tree as he glared at Pandora, "you are disqualified for trying to kill me in my own game!" He yelled back at her.

Lee put his hat back on his head before he started towards Pandora, "it's a good thing I'm not joining the Hunters of Artemis then" Pandora mused with a cheeky smile.

"Oh yeah? And why is that?" He asked sceptically.

Pandora smiled, "because all you bitches would be dead" she said proudly.

Naomi and Dixie walked up to the two with bright smiles, "because of your bad aim" Dixie mused as she playfully poked at the girl.

"Luke was looking for you" Naomi signed with a smile as she wiggled her eyebrows at Pandora

"We are just friends, nothing more and a whole lot less" Pandora signed as she talked.

"Don't sound so sad about it" Dixie said lightly, "you know you can always tell him how you feel right?" Dixie said as she bumped her hip into Pandora's.

Pandora smiled as Clarisse and a new girl walked up, "so who won the bet?" Clarisse asked with a smile.

Lee smiled as he ruffled Clarisse hair, she swatted his hand away with a small glare, "Pandora tried to kill me because she lost" Lee sighed dramatically.

Clarisse smiled and nodded approvingly, "good, you always get too cocky when it comes to anything you're good at" she said with a smirk.

Pandora stuck her hand out as Clarisse high-fived her before they crossed their arms over their chests and leaned on each other, "oh by the way this is our newest camper and I'm looking for Luke seeing as he's head of Hermes cabin" Clarisse explained once she was stood upright once more.