Chapter 28

Half Of A Whole

‼️Trigger Warning ‼️ description of bruising and description of blood and gore of sorts

Annabeth gently took Luke's hand and gave his hand a reassuring squeeze, he tried to smile back at her action but he couldn't when he saw some Hephaestus kids along with Elodie and Lorenzo walking towards everyone. Luke took a step forward but Chris was quick to place a hand on his chest, "don't, we'll deal with him but right now you need to check on Dora. I'll stay with Annabeth while you go see her" Luke glared towards Lorenzo but didn't wait a moment longer before running towards the big house.

────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

Luke ran through camp camp like a mad man and when he finally made it to the big house he stopped outside for a moment before slowly starting up the steps, he clenched and unclenched his fists in hopes of calming himself but any attempt was thrown out the window when he heard Pandora's scream that seemed to reverberate off of the walls. He ran down the hall until he reached the infirmary where he saw Lee and Jackson trying to ease the girl into a tub of water in the bathroom, "NO! LET ME GO! PLEASE!" Pandora screeched as she tried to kick and punch the two boys. "STOP!" The girl yelled out in protest as she struggled even harder in their arms.

He felt his heart shatter when he took in Pandora's disheveled appearance, blood trailed down her face from where her head had been split open from where the tree branch had hit her and it was painfully obvious she tried to get up and get help from all the cuts along her arms. Half of her pant leg was missing which revealed how bruised and cut up it was, her face had small cuts and had a nasty bruise around her eye that extended down her cheek while her wrists were a nasty shade of purple, red and black. As Pandora cried out again he saw red on her teeth that signified she had bit the insides of her cheeks like she always did when she was upset or stressed, Luke's stomach turned and tied itself in nots as he reached for the doorframe in an attempt to stabilize himself. "Panda please! We're not going to hurt you we just want you to heal!" Jackson pleaded as he tried to reason with her as Lucas and Charles walked into the bathroom.

Clarisse walked up behind him and gently placed her hand on his shoulder, the boy looked like he was about to throw up or faint and Clarisse felt bad for the boy. Luke swayed slightly making Clarisse place her other hand on his shoulder so both hands were able to hold him upright, "hey! Take a deep breath- you're not going to be able to stay in here if you can't handle seeing her like this" Clarisse snapped lightly, "no one's gonna blame you if you can't be in here dude- I know she means a lot to you but your not the only one who loves her okay? It was only a matter of time before she got attacked again" Clarisse muttered as Luke's face dropped.

"This is a regular thing?" Luke asked softly but got his answer when Clarisse couldn't meet his gaze. His fist clenched and lightly hit the doorframe, "not anymore- I'll do whatever I have to do to break this fucked up cycle! She is not getting hurt anymore" Luke stated harshly as a fire burned in his eyes. Clarisse didn't say anything in response as she nodded before walking back out of the room, Luke's attention was drawn back into the bathroom when Lucas started talking.