Chapter 10

Panic

Pandora watched Naomi with a confused expression as she still felt connected to Naomi although she had released her from her hold, she felt like she was under water and it was starting to scare her as she tried to listen to what Luke was saying to...

Pandora watched Naomi with a confused expression as she still felt connected to Naomi although she had released her from her hold, she felt like she was under water and it was starting to scare her as she tried to listen to what Luke was saying to Annabeth. woah Annie lets not kill me" Luke joked as he looked back to Pandora, "after lunch do you wanna sneak away so we can train?" Luke asked as he stepped towards her.

Pandora barely caught what he said when she looked back to him with her eyes still blue and green and nodded quickly before looking away and jogging to meet Naomi, "something's wrong like seriously wrong I still feel connected to you and I feel like I'm under water" Pandora signed to Naomi quickly as she watched Naomi's face contort into one of concern as she quickly pulled Pandora to one of the exits. They practically ran from the arena and towards the north shore of camp, when they got to the water Pandora broke off from Naomi as started to wade out into the water. As the water got up to her hips she dived into the water and quickly submerged herself, she grabbed her head and screamed into the water making the waves at the shore come in violently. The waves crashed into the shore as the sky started to darken making everyone around camp stop what they were doing to look up at the once sunny sky, Chiron trotted off of the porch with Mister D. calling after him. Chiron's eyebrows knitted together in confusion as he watched the clouds darken, Pandora finally ran out of breath and pushed off of the ground to propel herself to the surface. She gasped for breath as she felt her eyes finally going back to normal, she turned back towards Naomi and gave a thumbs up to show she was okay.

"Do you want me to come out??" Naomi signed still standing at the shore. Pandora shook her head before moved to float on her back, she let out a soft breath as she floated in the water. The girl lost track of time until she heard the lunch horn sounding, she slowly trudged out of the water and once she made it to shore she pulled the water from her clothes now only leaving her hair wet. Naomi looped her arm around Pandora's shoulders as she pulled the girl into a tight hug, "your sure you're okay?" She signed once she pulled away.

Pandora gave a small sad smile, "I hope so, sorry I scared you" she signed as she looked to her feet.

Naomi lightly placed her hand her shoulder, "I'm just glad your okay" Naomi signed as she pulled the girl in for another hug, she smiled softly as she watched the sky loose the dark clouds and as the waves calmed to their usual slow pace of coming in and out. Naomi squeezed her eyes shut for a moment before she released Pandora from the hug, Pandora watched as Naomi walked away slightly before she looked back to catch Pandora kicking sand in her direction. Naomi gasped in disbelief and for a moment Pandora thought she had crossed a line but when a smirk crossed Naomi's face as she kicked sand back at Pandora the two girls started laughing as Pandora ran up to the other girl and looped her arm around Naomi's and started towards the dining pavilion.

────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

As the two girls made it to the pavilion they quickly loaded their food onto their plates before heading to the fire to offer half of their food to the gods and make a prayer, 'please don't let me lose control father, I've been trying so hard and I don't want to hurt anyone because I lost control. Please keep me and my family safe from all harm and protect me from myself' Pandora prayed in her head. Once she finished her prayer she reopened her eyes and quickly went back to her table with Naomi not too far behind her. Naomi sat beside her and noticed the distant look in Pandora's eyes and slowly gripped her hand, she gave her hand a soft squeeze. Pandora pulled herself out of her thoughts and squeezed Naomi's hand back before she turned back to her fruit and picked up her fork, she quickly scarfed half of her fruit down when she turned to grab her goblet that instantly filled with blue Powerade. She took a few swings as she heard Naomi laugh softly, she glancing at Naomi to she her look away immediately and pretend she was eating as she shoved a piece of bread into her mouth. Pandora nudged her making Naomi look at her innocently, Pandora mouthed a 'what?' As she watched Naomi suspiciously. "You act like you haven't ate in a week! It's not like someone's gonna steal your food" Naomi signed with a smile.