Chapter 25

What It Always Will Be

Pandora sat on her bed in the early hours of the morning trying to make sense of everything that she had read last night, she let her fingers graze over the unfolded piece of paper as she thought over the words again

A girl cursed to love the enemy, a wager between two gods see the light of day and destroys anyone who dares to try and tare them apart. When a new power is obtained it will even the tides and level the bored, when the first blood falls of two friends at the others hand only then will the true war begin.

The gods have spoken and she will be one of many to save or destroy Olympus but only after the war of the old and the new but she will need the help of her friends and lover in order to restore balance.

It was short and not that informative and left the girl with a lot of questions, who was her enemy that she will be forced to love? Who was going to spill blood and start the war of the old and the new? What even was the old and the new?? And why did two gods make a wager on her? She had so many questions but she knew no one would answer them because she highly doubted she was even supposed to know this! She understood stood the new power part, Hecate had given her power over the mind but she didn't know what that all entails so how was she supposed to use this new power to level the playing field that she didn't even know she was apart of?! She softly groaned to herself and wiped her hands over her face before she flopped back down on the bed, she was about to pull the covers back over her and bury her face into her pillow when she heard something outside. Pandora rolled herself out of bed and stalked towards the door, she cracked the door open only to see Luke sitting back on the Hermes porch. She let out a soft breath of relief before she bolted out of the door and towards the boy, as she rocketed towards the boy he lazily let his eyes wandered over the cabins. When Pandora was about to reach the porch her foot snagged on a root and fell to the ground with a yelp of surprise, Luke's head quickly snapped towards her direction and quickly stood as he thought one of the other campers had fallen. "Hey are you okay??" Luke asked as he helped pull the girl up to her feet.

Pandora laughed softly as she bent over to brush the dirt off of her jeans, "yeah I'm good thanks for the assist" Pandora chuckled light heartedly.

Luke's face pulled in confusion but when Pandora lifted her head to finally meet his gaze his eyes brightened as shock over took his face, "crescent?" He asked softly making Pandora nod and smile. He slowly rose his had towards her and when he gently lifted her chin with two fingers, he laughed loudly when his fingers didn't faze through her. She smiled broadly up at him and laughed loudly when he suddenly picked her up into his arms and swung her around, he continued to spin them around and laugh as tears welled his eyes. Their laughter drew a few people out of their cabins but before they could complain about the noise small smiles etched onto their faces as they saw the son of Hermes holding the daughter of Poseidon tightly in his arms, Clarisse tried to rub the sleep away from her eyes as Annabeth walked out of the Athena cabin with a confused expression. Annabeth saw Luke smiling as he spun himself around with a girl in his arms when realisation washed over her and she smiled excitedly and ran out to meet Pandora, Clarisse watched Annabeth run out to the two and was about to question her but when she caught a glimpse of Pandora's face she smiled brightly and ran out to meet them. Pandora laughed as Annabeth and Clarisse wrapped their arms around them, Luke slowly put her back down on her feet but Pandora crashed her lips into his. He seemed surprised for a moment before he kissed her back with a smile on his lips. Clarisse pulled away and gagged while pointing a finger towards her open mouth to show her disgust at the romantic display, Annabeth lightly elbowed the girl in the side with a teasing smile to which Clarisse rolled her eyes but didn't stop her smile from returning. Pandora pulled back slightly still smiling but her smile quickly fell when she saw the bruises and cuts on his face, she softly lifted her hand to his face and let her thumb run over his bottom lip. She stopped before the cut on his lip she was about pull away from him but he gently caught her wrist and placed them against his chest, "it's not as bad as it looks I promise" he whispered as he released her wrists and wrapped his arms around her waist.