Chapter 24

The Time Before

As Willam stoped the car on the old farm road he turned around in his seat slightly so he could look back at Pandora, "you're sure you don't want me to come with you? I may not be able to take you into camp but it wouldn't hurt to have some back u...

As Willam stoped the car on the old farm road he turned around in his seat slightly so he could look back at Pandora, "you're sure you don't want me to come with you? I may not be able to take you into camp but it wouldn't hurt to have some back up" William offered softly.

It was close to nine at night which ment everyone would be at camp fire with the temporary head councilor of Apollo cabin leading the bonfire songs, "I'll be good it's just a little walk until I'm in camp boundaries and I really don't want you to get hurt and I'm not gonna say 'because of me' because that makes me sound stupid and self centered" Pandora said as she flashed him a reassuring smile.

William chucked softly but he pulled out his bow and quiver of arrows from the passenger seat and threw the door open, "c'mon it's the least I can do for ya kid" he said with a small smile. Pandora rolled her eyes and held a smile as she followed his actions and quickly got out of the car, she quickly slung her bag over her shoulder while she slipped off her ring and lightly tossed it up so it would transform into her sword. William smiled as she started to walk towards Thalia's pine tree, "so what is Camp Half-Blood really like because I've heard my fair share of stories over the years as one of the hunters but I was never given the chance to go to the camp" he asked softly as he tired to keep his voice down.

Pandora looked back towards him and slowed her speed walking down to a leisurely pace, "well most of the day is spent training but we have different activities to keep everyone engaged like and we do our fair share of chores but all around it feels like a regular summer camp except with Greek Gods and their divine children and weapons with the occasional monster attack" she said nonchalantly.

He nodded along as they continued their walk through the forest, "I hope you know I never knew anything about Hadleigh until she was claimed, if I had known all of the stuff she went through was as horrible as you said I would have stepped up and helped her in every way possible"

"I'm not mad at you or for your lack of knowing about her- I just needed someone to be mad at because she's my sister and everything she went through was hell and I swore I'd move the heavens and earth if it would help forget her past but that's what makes her such a great person. I just wish she would have known about you because you seem like a really good dad and a really good person even though you're super old" Pandora joked with a wide grin. Willam slapped his hand over his heart in mock offense, "don't shoot the messenger but it seems like my mom has a thing for way older guys" Pandora laughed as William audibly sighed while she playfully shoved the girl away. Pandora's laughter grew slightly louder while she bent over from laughing so hard, Willam smiled and shook his head as he lightly patted her back. Pandora stood up straight again slightly wheezing as she wiped tears away, "c'mon you have to admit that was funny" Pandora breathed out happily. William rolled his eyes however before he had the chance to respond he saw a figure up ahead and quickly shushed the girl beside him, Pandora's happy demeanor changed to stone cold as she looked ahead. William stuck out his arm protectively in front of the girl to stop her from moving forward as he stalked towards the figure with his silver daggers drawn, Pandora's eyes widened when the figure turned towards them and held the resemblance of someone well something she'd seen before with its golden eyes ablaze. "WILLIAM NO" Pandora shrieked in horror effectively stoping the man in his tracks, William's head snapped back around in time to see Pandora summons large amount of water around herself and sent it in a forceful blow toward her target. The shadowy figure split into two before it came back together and hissed loudly while it watched the girl, Pandora dug her feet into the ground as she sent another two blows and watched as the shadow dematerialized before them.