Chapter 17

Sea Girl

Annabeth smiled at Pandora as they walked towards the dining pavilion, "so what were you and Luke talking about?" Annabeth asked with a knowing smile

Pandora gave a soft laugh as she nervously rubbed the back of her neck, "I already told you everything" she replied with a smile.

The younger girl scoffed, "you really expect me to believe that when you two were practically like this" Annabeth said as she crossed her middle and index fingers together.

"Would I ever lie to you wise girl" Pandora asked with a smile and playfully poked the girls forehead.

"No but I can tell you're hiding something" Annabeth said as she swatted Pandora's hand away.

"You think too much wise girl" Pandora stated while she clasped her hands behind her back.

Annabeth's mouth opened but was cut off by the sounds of laughter and people yelling to each other, as they approached the dining pavilion they were met with the sight of picnic baskets thrown across the lawn. Instead of sitting in the dining pavilion everyone had congregated to the grass in favour of sitting with their friends instead of sitting with their siblings, Annabeth smiled widely when she saw Naomi sitting in the middle of everyone else's blankets and waving them over with a grin. Annabeth took off to the blanket where Dixie, Lucas, Jackson, Lee and Naomi were set up, Pandora smiled to herself as she watched her friends when a faint pang of bitterness and sorrow. Her eyes watered slightly, she blinked back tears as she imagined Hadleigh sitting with their friends. She watched as Hadleigh tipped her head back and released a contagious laugh before she brought her head back forward, she caught Pandora's gaze and smiled broadly and waved her over. Pandora suddenly gasped as she felt a gentle hand being placed on her shoulder, her head snapped around in surprise but instantly calmed down when she met Luke's deep brown eyes. She let out a relieved sigh before wiping her eyes quickly and smiling up at the boy, "did you see her again?" Luke asked as he gently rubbed her shoulder.

Pandora tried to talk but her words died on her tongue so she gave a sad smile and nodded, "it just doesn't feel like she's gone even after almost 2 and a half years since she died" she said softly.

Luke wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin on her shoulder, "it's okay to miss her, she was your sister and you loved her with all of your heart" Luke whispered to her as he lightly rubbed soothing circles on her back.

She smiled lightly and pulled back some, "let's go sit" she said as she nodded her head towards their friends. Luke smiled softly and followed the girl to the group.

────── ∘◦ ⛤☽⛤ ◦∘ ──────

"So who's all going home for the Christmas weekend?" Jackson asked while he popped a grape into his mouth and looked around the group.