Chapter 9

The Boy

Pandora was walking with Naomi after breakfast, they were waiting for the rest of Dionysus's and Hermes cabins to join them in the arena

Pandora was walking with Naomi after breakfast, they were waiting for the rest of Dionysus's and Hermes cabins to join them in the arena. Naomi and Pandora were stuck running the weapons training because they were the heads of their cabins and the Hermes councilor was sick with something in the infirmary so it left the two girls in charge of weapon training. Once the rest of the cabins showed up Pandora quickly took charge, "today we will be training with swords and spears, these are two of the most used weapons in camp. Now in any fight, any weapon is appropriate as long as you are able to defend yourself with it. But for right now we are narrowing it down to using swords and spears" Pandora explained as she looked at all of the Hermes kids and the few campers from Dionysus's cabin. "We will show you how to wield a sword and how to deflect an attack and make a counterattack" she explained as she held her sword with one hand. Pandora motioned for Naomi to take her place, "now for most weapons you will need to use both hands and— is something funny?" Pandora asked as she looked towards a new boy from Dionysus's cabin.

"Yeah actually, she can't hear anything how is she supposed to be able to fight if she can't hear an attacker coming! I mean I'm surprised you've lasted this long" the boy laughed.

Pandora clicked her tongue on the roof of her mouth as she pointed her sword at the boy, "and what's your name" she growled out.

"Castor" he said with a smug smile.

Pandora scoffed softly before laughing, "right you've been her what a month? You know nothing about what lies outside this camp" she spat making her eyes narrower with a glare.

"And you do? Just because your friend died doesn't make you something" Castor spat back with a smile before he turned back to his conversation.

Pandora looked back to Naomi who nodded her head with a fierce glare, Pandora walked over to the weapons table and picked up a sword. She tossed it in her free hand before turning and throwing it to the ground before the boy who's head snapped up with a shocked expression, "you got a big mouth for a newbie, if you can beat me in a fight you don't have to stay here and listen to me. But if I win you have to fight the both of us" Pandora spoke with fire burning in her eyes.

The boy next to Castor pulled him back slightly, "don't accept! You know why they call them the silent killers! Don't be this stupid!" The boy whispered harshly.

Castor looked back to the boy and shook him off and he bent down to get his sword, once he had it in his hand he looked up to see Pandora already had her sword raised high and bring it down on him. He dodged out of the way at the last second, "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!" Castor yelled as he moved out into the center of the arena.

" Lesson 1, the moment someone draws a sword they are a threat" Pandora said with a small smirk.

She moved after him towards the middle and pointed her sword at him once more, he looked down at his sword for a moment before swinging his arm towards her. Pandora quickly sidestepped the attack and swung her sword towards the guard of his sword, he yelled out in surprise as he dropped his sword. "That wasn't fair! I wasn't ready!" Castor yelled out in frustration.