★ | I really wanna be yours

Nishimura Riki Oneshot

now playing"Matsuri" by Fujii Kaze

now playing
"Matsuri" by Fujii Kaze

Y/N's perspective :

The class bell rang and I quickly dashed in the class before the teacher could make it first, panting and huffing I sat in the seat, trying my best to survive with the last few heavy breaths remaining inside me. Just before I could get more frustrated I saw Niki, sitting proudly on the seat next to me, flashing a wide cunning smile. I rolled my eyes, and it's not even I have to put efforts into, it definitely comes off naturally when I get to have even a glimpse of his face. He shook his head so dramatically, scoffing within himself as if he thinks he's just too good for entire human species.

Of course with the large gang following him subconsciously around all day and girls flirting with him every now and then, anyone would be on cloud 9 by now. I side eyed him and went on to take out notebooks when he scoffed even louder, too obvious for asking for attention. "Just say it."

I said, trying not to come off too attentive to his actions, "God is so unfair isn't he?"

I knew he'll either say something too clichè that the whole universe will experience second hand embarrassment or something too cocky that he'll automatically earn again an eye roll from me. But just for the sake of positive energy I tried my best to smile and not let his comments take on me, as if he knew by now that he won't be getting a curious question from me in response, he leaned a bit on his own saying, "Look at you, how can you be so effortlessly beautiful when other girls try too hard to even look half pretty as you."

In a snap, his ear was in my hand getting pinched and him groaning in pain, mumbling ouch again and again, "Bring other girls down just to admire me, and I'll bury you alive here." I said not being able to keep my calm and practically torturing him and that too in the first class of the morning, "Oh okay okay I got it, I won't!" He said, still hissing over his poor red ears.

"You should've taken it as a mere compliment." He said, rubbing his ear, which was too hot and red by now with my extreme pulling. I could've replied with something sarcastic but I decided to take the path of peace and love. Except the fact I'll actually bury him if he'll go on like this.

The thing is Niki came as a perfect charming new student in our school this year, and since we were allotted by our teacher for seat partners, we both got paired in. Fast forward 3 months later, our homeroom teacher met with an accident and our temporary teacher didn't take the responsibility to arrange the seats again since it's usual for it to happen after every 3 months of interval.

It's the end of our class year by now and we've been seatmate for straight 1 year eventually. Of course we had our fair share of teasing, snickering, fighting and friendship but things became annoying and restless when Niki felt something for me other than a mere friendship. He actually confessed to me respectfully but it was so unexpected that I actually slapped him. Yeah I did. Not that hard, I mean I am guilty okay? But things started becoming awkward until he decided to flirt with me openly and let all school knew that he was obsessed with me and telling everyone around that I just pretended that I didn't liked him. Little did he know, he's actually right, I do see Niki more than just a friend. Maybe as a crush. But I'm so tangled in the threads of being a perfect daughter and being a better, mature teenager that I'm just keeping all these myself, to not let anyone down.