★ | hate that I love you pt.2

Shim Jaehyun Twoshot
(part 02)

now playing"Plot Twist" by TWS

now playing
"Plot Twist" by TWS

Y/N's perspective :

The brunch was going smoothly, apart from the unavoidable tension lingering between me and Jake. He was silent during the whole meal which was unusual but no one really pointed it out and I didn't want to be extra so I tried ignoring his odd behavior. Not able to just ignore it completely, I glanced at him, he was silently munching down on his food while his head was hung low, the spoon in his hand circling random patterns on the plate. 

Even though he was surely mad, his unconscious action made him look so cute and I couldn't help but smile but instantly he looked up and made a straight eye contact. I choked at his sudden gaze and everyone's attention was now on me as I was coughing uncontrollably, my eyes were still on him, a little blurry because of the brimming tears due to choking on food and I could see him getting worried and standing up instantly, maybe approaching me? But Ningning came up to my seat first and helped me to calm down. My gaze was still on him and he looked somewhat hesitant. Only if he could hesitate this much before taunting me almost everyday.

I got relaxed after some time and went to take a little walk to calm myself cause I was still coughing every now and then. There was a sidewalk down the hill, a few minutes away and the sun was starting to settle down so it was safe and I went there alone. At least that's what I thought. 

Few steps down there and I stopped as another pair of footsteps came in my direction, crunching the dry leaves mercilessly. I turned and was expecting Taehyun but instead found Jake standing, with slow and small steps he approached me, I looked up at him not wanting to initiate the conversation. He stared at my face for a matter of seconds and took out a medical candy from his denim jeans pocket. "Here, for your throat." 

He said now looking at the sky, avoiding me again. I didn't wanted to accept but also didn't wanted to ruin my mood because of him. Grabbing the candy, tearing its wrapper I ate it.

"Why were you staring at me in the first place?" He asked, trying to wreck my plans of being calm. "Do you think everyone is obsessed with you?" I asked, getting defensive. He smirked and replied, "But you are though, sneaking glances here and there." That's what I hated, I didn't want to be read so easily like I was some open book.

"I'll rather pluck my eyes than to sneak glances." I said now looking away from him, my face twitching from his arrogance. "Why do you hate me so much?" He asked and for the first time it wasn't mockery or sarcasm, he looked genuine and it made me angry even more. He had the nerve to say when he's the one who looks at me like that? I scoffed, "Are yo-'' my words got cut off in between as he received a call from Chaehyun. 

He turned away to talk to her and hanging up he said looking at me, "Let's go." I was confused. "She's your girlfriend, why will I go after her call?" I asked. He sighed and rubbed his temples, "Everyone is looking for us, they wanna play a game." He said and started walking towards the camp.