Chapter 21

Nicky's P.O.V.

I woke up at like five in the morning, my stomach doing flips because I was so nervous. Why did I have to go back to school? I could be homeschooled..

I dragged myself out of bed and took a long hot shower, washing all grogginess from my body. After I stepped out, I felt refreshed and alive.

I let my hair dry a little bit before I covered it in moose, so that it wouldn't get frizzy throughout the day.

What should I wear on my first day back to school? Why did this have to be so difficult?! Damn, boys did not give us enough credit...

I chose some purple cheetah print jeans, my sparkly black flats and a black sequin tank top. Good enough.

I applied my usual makeup, making it dramatic. I hate it when girls are all like, I don't wear makeup. It's gross, blah blah blah. And I'm like, good for you. Do you want a fucking cookie?

Who gives a shit, like seriously.

There was a soft knock on the door, and Liam poked his head in.

"Goodmorning babe," he smiled. "Are you ready?"

My breathing hitched and I stood up quickly. Hell no I wasn't ready. I wasn't ready to go back, I wasn't ready for anything like this.

"Yes. Lets get this over with," I whispered softly.

He walked over to me and embraced me in a hug, pressing his body onto mine.

"It will be fine. I've arranged that you are in almost all of my classes. There are only two classes that we don't have together and they are your last two classes," he smiled.

"Thank you," I said, and kissed him quickly on the lips.

He smiled at me reassuringly and kissed my forehead.

I can do this. I can do this.

I stepped out of Liam's car, looking around the parking lot in fear. I was scared.

Liam's fingers intertwined with mine as we walked up to the huge building together. Everyone looked my way, and I heard whispers and my name being said.

"Isn't that the girl who got shot?" They would say.

I don't think I could do this. Everyone keeps staring at me, and it's making me uncomfortable and antsy.

"Are you feeling better?" I heard a soft voice from behind me.

I turned around to see a petite blond girl smiling at me.

"I'm just fine," I smiled at her. "Thank you for asking. It means a lot."

She nodded, smiling at me and scurried off somewhere. At least someone cared about me enough to ask me how I was feeling.

As I approached my locker, I was surprised to see that it was decorated with flowers and hearts. They said all sorts of sweet things, like 'get well soon' and 'you are in our prayers.'

I could feel the tears pricking at my eyes.

"How are you?" I looked to my left to see Alyssa standing there.

"I'm fine," I said glumly, not caring about her feelings anymore. She had been a terrible friend to me.

"I'm really sorry. About everything," and with that, she walked away.

She was my best friend, no matter how much I wanted to punch her in the face and scream at her about how stupid she was. I would make things right with her, but not now. I have to make it to homeroom in time...