Chapter 7

Nicky's P.O.V.

I woke up to something shuffling under me. My eyes fluttered open and I remembered that I had stayed in Liam's room last night after I had my nightmare. I shuttered at the thought of it.

I got up carefully, not wanting to wake him up, and went out in the hallway. I froze dead in my tracks when I saw my parents in front of my room, ready to knock on my door.Their heads shot towards me and I smiled sheepishly.

My mom's face brightened, but my dad's was a different story. His face turned angry, and his eyes darkened.

"Hey guys. How did ya'll sleep?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Goodmorning dear. Would you mind coming downstairs? The Alpha would like to have a word with you in Private," my mom said, a smile still on her face.

Fear shot through me.

"W-what?" I finally got out.

"It's about you and Carly."

Shit.

"Okay," I nodded, and followed her to Alpha Daniel's office.

I stepped in quietly, only to find Alpha Daniel at his study.

"You requested to see me?" I finally spoke.

He looked up at me and smiled.

"Yes I did, Nicole. I wanted to speak with you about Carly," he said.

My face instantly went to a frown at the sound of her name.

"Why?" I asked bluntly.

"Well I want to better understand why you two had a violent encounter at the mall," he explained.

"Let's see. She attacked me because she is jealous that my mate just so happens to be Liam. And I really can't handle her right now, because I also have a crazy ex who won't leave me the hell alone," I snapped more than I intended.

Well, now I was in a load of crap.

His eyes narrowed at me and his expression was unreadable. I began to feel nervous.

"I'm sorry that is happening to you, but you still could have killed Carly," he finally said.

"Oh come on. She said some things about my mate and I went a little crazy. I am a trained fighter, so she should have known better than to mess with me. And I would never kill someone," I said.

"For your mate you would," he said.

"Well wouldn't you?" 

"So, Liam is your mate?" he asked.

Well that was completely off subject.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Well you know that he is my brother right?"

Well shit!

"No. I didn't know that," I growled.

I was gonna have a serious talk with Liam later on.

"Well, you should go and get ready for school," he chuckled.

Shit! I forgot it was Monday!

I ran out of his office and upstairs to my room having a panic attack.

I brushed my curly hair, threw on some light blue skinny jeans, and a loose Marilyn Monroe shirt that hung on one shoulder. I quickly brushed my teeth and applied my make up before running out of the door. I was already thirty minutes late for school.