1. Meer Malik'

**************

A man dressed in all black came out of meeting room and walked in the white corridor with the face having little to no expressions at all, no one can tell if he's happy to crack a deal with good profit.

He opened the door of an office room and locked it behind him, sat on the main chair and the painful expressions started to appear on his face, he hid his face in his shaky hands for some minutes then looked up on the knock.

“Come in” he said, controlling the moisture in his voice and unlocked the door with the remote.

A man came inside and placed a box in front of him, “Congratulations Mr. Malik on your achievement”. He was most probably newly appointed cus he got startled when the black colored eyes man glared at him with clenched jaws, whom he thought would be happy.

“It's Meer” He corrected almost immediately “Only. Meer.” he forced the words out and signed him to get out taking a deep breath.

Once left alone, Meer grabbed the box and opened it to find an award of “Businessman of the Month”, but his eyes were not on the statement of the award, it was on the name written on it.

“Meer Malik” he whispered the name and clenched his fist in pain, The Malik in his name, never leaves his side and that's what makes him hate himself a lot more.

He searched his pockets and took out the small pocket-sized knife and started scratching the Malik from the wooden part of the award, with the similar voices of that day creating havoc in the back of his mind and put it back in its box, when the name was completely gone.

He then grabbed his things, stood up and walked outside the office building.

*******************

Unlocking the door He entered the house and glanced at the person sleeping on the living room couch with a book resting on his face.

Shaking his head, Meer walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water when someone stood behind him and started rubbing her head against his ankle.

He looked down and smiled slightly on the fur ball greeting him, “Hi peeru” he whispered bending down to pick her up but his breath hitched on the sharp shot of pain in his abdomen and clutched the kitchen counter to support himself.

Nevertheless, ignoring the pain he bent down more and took her in his embrace. “Peeru ne kuch khaya?” he whispered again, Caressing his cheek on her face who snuggled into him.

Rafay removed the book from his face and sat up looking around him, So he just dozed off while reading again? He caressed the book with a smile and smelled the paper, Ah! Heaven.!

“Nashay karliye hu tu, ajao kuch khaa lety hen” He looked back on Meer’s voice from the kitchen and rolled his eyes, such a jealous guy.!
Jumped across the sofas and stood in front of him.

“Walaikum Assalam, My day was good, thanks for asking” He replied sarcastically and Meer just shrugged unfazed by the sarcasm.

Rafay poured the water in the glass and gave it to him, who just took some sips and put it back on the counter. Rafay glared at him and drank the remaining water.

Peeru struggled to get down from his embrace as her loving avatar was over but Meer snuggled her close to him not buying her attitude, “Don't irritate her” Rafay swatted his arm and took Peeru from his embrace, freeing her, Meer rolled his eyes.

“Aaj profit hua tha deal me” He informed Rafay casually while taking his blazer off.

“And you transfer the whole amount in their bank account…!” Rafay sighed and stated the fact while avoiding to take the name, Meer nodded quietly.