14. Brat!!

Feeling someone's tight hold around him, He blinked his eyes open and the precious view his eyes got a glimpse of, made him smile, he kissed his kid's temple who was sleeping while hugging him close and resting his head on his chest.

Meer squirmed in his sleep on the touch and hid his face with his palms that still had the IV cannulas, not liking his slumber getting disturbed by Rafay's random pecks early in the morning, Rafay grinned on his grown-up child.

Biting his smile, He pecked his fingers to tease him more and let out a chuckle when as expected Meer whined in sleep hiding himself more in his embrace. “Mera chuta sa bacha” Rafay whispered, staring at him adoringly.

“Not a bacha” Meer mumbled with eyes closed, He was sulking even while sleeping. Hence, the cheeks were puffed up and an angry pout was a constant thing on his lip.

Rafay chuckled again “Oh yes! You are! Bachy se bhi chuta bacha” he teased him again but the latter didn't bother to reply, he was again in his peaceful slumber “phir soo gaya!” Rafay sighed dramatically.

Then turning his head towards the side table, he picked up a thermometer, moving the palm from his face and setting it in his mouth. He laid his head down on the pillow again, staring at the ceiling, waiting for the beep.

They were still in hospital and the previous night was tough for Meer, because of the high fever and pain so he slept with him on his hospital bed to give him the comfort he needed and Meer slept so peacefully, hugging him close and didn't even flinch in his sleep after that.

He looked back at his brother when the thermometer beep and sighed in relief checking the temperature and putting the thermometer back, thankfully the fever was gone.

Rafay stared at his sleepy face again and caressed the fingers of the hand laying beside his face on Rafay's chest, both of his hands were still laced with IV catheters

One was for fluid and medication the other one was for blood transfusion, as he lost so much blood so they're gradually giving him blood “That must be painful...” rafay thought to himself caressing his vein which had the iv needle, as the blood transfusions needles are thicker than the usual ones.

Next moment, His thought process broke on Meer’s sleepy mumbled “Ye nikalo…” he forward his hand up toward him a bit.

Slightly pulling himself up, Rafay looked at his face “Tum jaag rahe hu?” He asked, looking at his closed eyes.

Meer lightly shook his head and again mumbled snuggling closer still lying with his head on his brother's chest “No, but ye nikalo, foran” he insisted.

“Tu neend me bhi yahi sochta raha hai kya?” Rafay chuckled, setting the hair strands on his forehead but frowned when Meer whined taking Rafay's hand off his hair “kya hua meri jaan? Kyun chirh raha he mera bacha?” Rafay asked softly.

“Mujhse baat mat karo” Meer sulked, hiding his face in his comfort embrace, Rafay's frown deepened “Kyun bhae? Naraz hain aap mujhse Mr. ?” Rafay asked but rolled his eyes when Meer nodded.

“Kyun naraz hai mera dramebaaz bacha?” He asked and caressed his shoulder ignoring his attempts to take his hands off his shoulder too, being annoyed.

Meer looked up at him with his half open eyes and glared at him “Tum ye nahi nikaal rahe hu, kal se keh raha hon” He forward his hand up again, signaling towards the IV being irritated

“Mujhse soyaa bhi nahi jaa raha he, ye haath kahan rakho? Dard huraha he! bohat moti needle he iski Rafay, please” He whined at last with a pout.

A smile crept across Rafay's lips seeing his sulky face and the way he was glaring at him with half open sleepy eyes, while complaining. Such a baby indeed.